SPAM and Virus attacks are growing at a concerning rate
In a world where most communications are performed online, threats like viruses, Trojans, phishing or spam gain more importance when it comes to securing the transferred information. All these threats have one effect, losses. Be it time, money or data, the total value, given a financial expression, keeps growing. While the damage induced by viruses or phishing is easily comprehended by most, the impact of spam tends to be overlooked. It just takes time and too much space of our Inboxes at a fist glance. However, unsolicited emails are the preferred means of spreading viruses, worms and of enabling phishing attacks.
Spam is spreading fast all over the Internet and it gets harder and harder to avoid it. There are many methods that can be used to protect the users from these types of messages and other potential threats it can be the bearer of. Third party software, anti-virus and anti-spam bundles, authentication and validation to stop phishers, new protocols and server specific modifications and adaptations are all supporting the endeavor to eradicate spam messages. The AXIGEN Mail Server implements almost all of these into one package, enabling the system or network administrator to choose or combine the methods that he/she feels are appropriate to enforce the preferred security policy.
The AXIGEN Mail Server offers different ways to fight spam and viruses. Each of them is presented in a separate section, as follows:
- Anti-Malware and Direct Implementation
- Implementing Antivirus Applications with the Milter Extension
- Implementing Antivirus Applications with the AMAVIS Extension
- Sender Domain and IP Validation (DomainKeys and SPF)
- Message Rules (Outlook-like Rules and Server Side Message Filtering)
- Message Acceptance Policies (SMTP Firewall)
- Containing Internal Virus/Spam/Phishing
- Routing Policies for Smart Delivery and Risk Hedging