- General Aspects
- Quick Links
- Global Settings
- Axigen Services
- Starting, Stopping, Restarting Services
- Managing Service Listeners
- Managing Service Control Rules
- Configuring the SMTP Receiving Service
- Configuring the SMTP Sending Service
- Configuring the IMAP Service
- Configuring the POP3 Service
- Configuring the WebMail Service
- Configuring the WebAdmin Service
- Configuring the DNR Service
- Configuring the Remote POP Service
- Configuring the CLI Service
- Configuring Mobility & Sync Options
- Domains & Accounts
- Managing Domains
- General Domain Settings
- Setting Up Domain Aliases
- Managing the Domain Message Filters
- Setting Up a Message Appender
- Configuring Account Defaults
- Configuring the Storage
- Managing Accounts
- General Account Settings
- Editing the Account Contact Information
- Managing Account Aliases
- Configuring Account Quotas & Restrictions
- Defining the Account WebMail Options
- Managing the Account Message Filters
- Defining Send / Receive Restrictions for an Account
- Managing Groups
- Managing Mailing Lists
- Managing Public Folders
- Setting Up Account Classes
- Managing Domains
- Security & Filtering
- AntiVirus & AntiSpam
- Additional AntiSpam Methods
- Configuring Global Access Control
- Managing Acceptance & Routing
- Setting Up Incoming Message Rules
- Viewing the Quarantine
- Status & Monitoring
- Axigen Logging
- Back-up & Restore
- Automatic Migration
- Clustering Setup
- Configuring the POP3 Proxy Service
- Configuring the IMAP Proxy Service
- Configuring the WebMail Proxy Service
- Administration Rights
The "Account Class" → "General" page provides four sections: Settings, Services, Auto Migration and Welcome email.
The admin can change the Account Class name via the "Settings" section > "Account Class Name" text box.
The services section displays the list of account services and their current status. To enable or disable a service, use the respective buttons corresponding to that service's name. Please note that at account class level only services affecting account class behavior are displayed - SMTP Receiving, SMTP Sending, POP3, IMAP, Remote POP and WebMail.
Depending on the used license type, the available services are divided in "Basic services" and "Premium services". This applies only for SmallSP and LargeSP licensing models. For other licensing models all services are represented as basic.
Below these sections you can find the "Premium add-ons" section which lets you configure the access to each premium feature, as presented in the screenshot below.
For basic accounts, even if the premium options are enabled, they will not be available. To make them available to the user, his account must be switched to premium.
The following premium add-ons are available:
- Personal Organizer — enables Calendar / Tasks / Notes access;
- Sharing — allows the user to share his folders or open another user's folders;
- Outlook Connector — allows access to the account data while using an Outlook Axiolk profile;
- ActiveSync — allows the synchronization of emails, contacts and Calendar / Tasks data via a mobile ActiveSync client;
- Kaspersky AntiVirus — this add-on allows you to protect your users with the Kaspersky AntiVirus filter;
- Kaspersky AntiSpam — this add-on allows you to protect your users with the Kaspersky AntiSpam filter;
- Image Analyzer — this add-on allows you to protect your users with the Image Analyzer filter.
Check the box corresponding to a specific add-on to allow the user to access the related features. If you want to restrict a user's access to an add-on, un-check the box related to that add-on.
The "Auto Migration" section allows you to enable/disable the migration for the edited account. The present migration is stateful. While enabled on each user login, the migration process can be resumed from the point where it left previously.
If the migration is "complete" and the auto migration option is still enabled, the migration will continue, thus achieving a "sync" functionality to the old server for the account.
The account class settings will be applied to all the accounts that have the inherit option pointing to this specific account class.
In the "Welcome email" section you can enable or disable the initial welcome message, for the users that inherit their settings from this account class, via the "Enable welcome email" option.