Announcement

Collapse

"Feature Requests" has a new home

Join the Axigen Product Community!

Influence Axigen's future product evolution – vote on existing feature requests or create your own.

Join our product community
See more
See less

Webmail should support https:<mydomain>/<mail>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another trick and working now

Hello,

Last mail I wrote about the problem that the webmail address does conflict with the mail address:
    - webmail "should be " www.mail.mydomain where the mail should be
    - <myname>@mydomain

I was trying to fix that with a domain alias. That does not work.
    What does work is to create two domains:
    - <mydomain> and
    - mail.<mydomain>

In opposite to what you might consider "normal", for the trick you should make mail.<mydomain> the primairy domain. By doing so the webmail server understands that you would like to access the webmailserver via www.mail.<mydomain>

That (together with the other described tricks) does the job.

Consequence is:
    - that you need to enter your full mail name yourname@<yourdomain> to log into the mailserver.

Note that for accessing the webadmin from the web, you will need another non standard (oeps do not like that) port number (and a heavy password for security reasons). Assuming you have only one external IP and need to use a SNI based reverse proxy.

Sincerely,

Louis

Comment

i think you over complicated the things , you could solve this as stated on the first page very quickly and easily with apache's proxy module
      you don't need more than one IP on the server , or domain aliases ... whatever that means
      just use subdomains , and apache will take care of the hostname header

Comment

Working...
      X

This is the legacy Axigen forum, which is no longer active.

To create new topics & posts, please visit the new Axigen community.

Axigen Community