Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redirect root warning messages to internal axigen account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redirect root warning messages to internal axigen account.

Hello guys,

I'm having trouble with setting my Debian's root messages to be sent to my account's inbox on axigen, placed on the same system.
    For example i want my cronjob output to be sent via email to my mail: home@server.net that is hosted on the same machine as performed cron.

I was having a hard time trying to set it up, since smtp and postfix don't go along with axigen.

First of all you have to be sure that you have are using the sendmail wrapper included in Axigen as is described here.

Using this configuration the message send through local sendmail will be injected directly into Axigen queue. If the user which ran Axigen (default beeing axigen) have both read and write rights for the message present in the queue than the PROCESSING service will take care for it.

After this configuration you should check also this KB if the sender's domain is not defined in Axigen.

If you still have problems you should share: Axigen version, the details of the 2-3 messages you have in queue (sent through sendmail wrapper) and Axigen PROCESSING logs related to them.

HTH,
    Ioan

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
      I have tried doing things as you described, but I've encountered another problem of:
      Code:
      15:39:33 > Klocex > ~ # echo test message | mailx -r someone@somedomain.local -s test userX@domain.test
      -bash: mailx: command not found

Any ideas?

Comment

You should ask your system admin to install mailx on your system.

In case you have no sysadmin for your system you could try:
        Code:
        $ sudo apt-get install heirloom-mailx
        HTH,
        Ioan

Comment

Hello, thanks for your answer.

The following command now works like charm:
          Code:
          echo test message | mailx -r misiak -s test username@localhost
          And it delivers this email to my inbox, but what i'm still missing what i'm after as:
          Code:
          bumba is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
          bumba@Klocex:~$
          This would normally send root an e-mail informing that somebody has tried to use "sudo" command without permission, yet i have not received anything.

Have you got any further ideas?
          Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by bumbalaga; February 7th, 2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I still haven't found any resolution for this. Maybe after that time somebody's got an idea?

Comment

You have received an answer here

From your comment we do not understand what errors are you referring to so you have to provide more information (like a screen capture?).

HTH,
              Ioan

Comment

Working...
              X

This is the legacy Axigen forum, which is no longer active.

To create new topics & posts, please visit the new Axigen community.

Axigen Community