• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Port 25 blocked by ISP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port 25 blocked by ISP

Hi, i cannot recive mail, but i can send. What can i do, if my ISP block port 25 ? Thanks!

Hello,

Usually ISP are not blocking incoming traffic on your WAN address, port 25 BUT outgoing traffic from your WAN to Internet, port 25.

Because you mentioned that you could send outgoing messages (like sending to external domains) your problem is related to incoming messages (like receiving from external domains).

The usual cause should be if your router is not configured to route all traffic it receives on port 25 to internal IP of your Axigen server (NAT rule). If this rule is present into your router than next to be checked is the router firewall, followed by the firewall running on your Axigen server.

Please check and come back with your findings.

BR,
    Ioan

PS: In case your WAN public IP is not a static one (the usual case for residential installations) than you have to be sure that the MX record for your hosted domain(s) are updatyed accordingly (after each change of your WAN IP)

Comment

Working...
    X