Axigen Community Forum

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPF fail on outgoing mail / sender header rewrite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPF fail on outgoing mail / sender header rewrite?

100% NOOB question, so please be kind. I have tried to search the forums; but my skills were failing me.

I have setup Axigen 10.1.5 (CentOS 7.4) inside my network. Mail delivery internally is working (host to host, etc.). My externally registered domain is resolving the MX record and I can send E-mail to my "mail@public.tld" from the outside world. When I try to send E-mail TO the outside world, however, I receive the following error:

SPF result for MAIL FROM <me@public.tld@public.tld> issued from EHLO domain <[internal ip]> connected from <internal ip>: SoftFail (spfHeader = 'softfail (public.tld: domain of transitioning me@public.tld does not designate <internal ip> as permitted sender) client-ip=<internal ip>; envelope-from=me@public.tld; mechanism=default; identity=mailfrom; receiver=mail.public.tld;'; spfExplanation = 'null')

What I see is that my external SPF record appears to be denying the message because it's seeing the internal network address of my workstation, not the external address of the Axigen server as the domain/sender.

Have I missed something simple in the setup to rewrite the sender header so it shows as the external domain / ip? Does my question make sense?

Thanks,
    Scott

Hello Scott,

I suspect that you are trying to send the message from a non authenticated session - am I right?

Could you try to send the message from the WebMail interface and confirm if the message to outside world will not be rejected?

HTH,
    Ioan

Comment

Working...
    X