Help! How do I set up a FSA backup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! How do I set up a FSA backup?

I am new to Axigen and I want to do a backup of my Axigen server but not by FTP.
    Is there any documentation on how to setup Axigen FSA backup?
    • What is a mount point? Is that a folder path?
    • If I backup at scope "domain" can I restore granularly? or do I need to mount several scopes?
    Thanks.

Hello,

Beside FTP we are supporting virtual file systems via FUSE (on Linux) and Dokany (on Windows).

Using any of these methods you could create a mount point to an Axigen object (domain, account, etc). A "mount point" needs to be an empty folder on your server that after "mounting it" will provide access to the mounted object contents.

After you have a backup you could restore anything from its content. For example, if you backup the entire domain example.com you will be able to restore one (or more) messages from, lets say, Inbox/Projects/Omega/Meetings. The restore could be done in the same folder or, preferable, to a new empty one so the end-user will select from that folder only the messages he likes to keep from that particular backup set.

HTH,
    Ioan

Comment

Ok, so is there documentation on how do this? Can't I just enter a Windows folder path as the mount point? Like "C:\backup\Axigen" ?

Comment

Hello,

Yes you can but without having Dokany installed on your machine Axigen will not be able to attach to that mount point and provide the internal data as virtual folders and files.

Please find here the KB that is providing some information on this subject (please pay attention to the Windows requirements mentioned at the end).

HTH,
        Ioan

Comment

Working...
        X