FTP backup Setup - unable to connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP backup Setup - unable to connect

I am attempting to set up the FTP backup component and the FTP server does not appear to be allowing connections, even manually.

When I try using FileZilla to connect I get the following error:
    Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
    Error: Could not connect to server

Note:
    • I have added the IP address of the machine running FileZilla client to the "Ftp Back & Restore Access Control" list as allowed.
    • I am using the WebAdmin credentials for FTP. (But it never gets as far as asking for them)
    • I check the logs after the failed connection and there are NO NEW LOG ENTRIES at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hello,

First of all you have to check that the FTP service is started - thus, please confirm the service status from WebAdmin > Services > Services Management > you should see FTP Backup & Restore "in green".

Secondly, if you still have problems, you have to check if there is an enabled service listener that you could use from your machine running the FTP client.

Could you share a screen capture of this listener?

HTH,
    Ioan

Comment

Doh! Ok. I figgured that was enabled by default. I guess not. I started it and was able to connect. 5700+ files copied. yowzers.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X

This is the legacy Axigen forum, which is no longer active.

To create new topics & posts, please visit the new Axigen community.

Axigen Community