• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purge Messages Via Axigen Cli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purge Messages Via Axigen Cli

Hello,

Please can some help me out. I have a lot of messages in various user accounts. I have 64 enabled domains. I want to purge all messages from ALL Inboxes for all users for all enabled domains. Is there a way I can do this from axigen CLI. I found that only the spam and trash folders can be purged with the PURGE command and BEFORE 2w in axigen CLI (PURGE account folders Trash,Spam BEFORE 2w). Is there a CLI command syntax format i can use to purge all the messages from all inboxes for all user accounts/all domains completely leaving no messages at all? Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Desmond

Purge Messages Via Axigen Cli

Hello,

Please can some help me out. I have a lot of messages in various user accounts. I have 64 enabled domains. I want to purge all messages from ALL Inboxes for all users for all enabled domains. Is there a way I can do this from axigen CLI. I found that only the spam and trash folders can be purged with the PURGE command and BEFORE 2w in axigen CLI (PURGE account folders Trash,Spam BEFORE 2w). Is there a CLI command syntax format i can use to purge all the messages from all inboxes for all user accounts/all domains completely leaving no messages at all? Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Desmond

Comment

Hello,

You may use the "purge" command from CLI, as described in the KB article available at:

http://www.axigen.com/kb/show/331

but the purge conditions and folders need to be modified at domain level, as described in the article, otherwise the defaults will be used.

Regards,
      Paul

Comment

I Paul,

I'm facing the same issue and I can't change the constraints.
        It seems that the attribute 'purgeFolders' in the adminlimits doesn't exist anymore.

Here is the sequence of commands

telnet myip:7000
        <login> user admin
        <password> my_password
        <#> update domain mydomain.com
        <domain#> config adminlimits
        <domain-adminLimits#>

the command 'show attr purgeConstraint' return
        purgeConstraint = "BEFORE 2w"
        +OK: command successful

the command 'set purgeConstraint "BEFORE 1w"' return
        +OK: command successful

but the command 'show attr purgeFolders' return
        -ERR: No such attribute.

This attribute must exist because I get this from the HELP
        SET [purgeConstraint <search criteria>] - (no description)
        SET [purgeFolders (list of purgeable folders)] - (no description)

Do we miss something ?

Best regards,

Oliver

Comment

Hello,

Please use the command:

show

in the respective context, without any parameter, it will display the value for the purgeFolders parameter too.

Do not forget to use the 'commit' command if modifying attributes. Also, you may log out/ log back in to confirm that the new values are present.

Regards,
          Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer.
            It works.

One more question, is there a command to retreive folders name from an account ?
            When i use the command 'show registryinformation" in <domain-account#> context, I see "Mbox folder count = 12 folder(s)", but how can I see the name of these 12 folders ?

Regards,

Oliver

Comment

Hello,

No, this is not possible from CLI.

Regards,
              Paul

Comment

I want to purge specific email from domain by limit it with subject, time and sender address(from) how can do it?

Comment

Hello,

First of all please re-read all the information present into this thread.

After you have practiced the PURGE command for a test account you could go to the next level by customizing the <purge condition> using the IMAP Search format described in RFC 3501

Important note: you should also check that you have a backup for the account / domain on which you like to run the purge command in order to avoid situations when you have purged more messages than intended.

For example you could use:
                  Code:
                  <domain-account#> PURGE account folders Inbox FROM abc@xyz.org SUBJECT "Buy my product" SENTON "26 Dec 2017"
                  Nevertheless, in case you know the message ID of the message to be purged my recommendation is to use the following purge condition:
                  Code:
                  HEADER Message-ID "<B27397-0100000@Blurdybloop.COM>"
                  HTH,
                  Ioan

Comment

Working...
                  X