• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

License Catch22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Catch22

Surely this has been resolved by now but I can't find any info on how... I was running an older version of Axigen 10.0 when my server had a hard drive crash. By the time I got that fixed I discovered I was going to have to reinstall Axigen. Axigen has now moved on to 10.2 which I downloaded. I saved my old working directory /var/opt/axigen to a separate location, ran the Axigen install/configure script and hit a snag. The server refused to start saying my license has expired. In order to get a new license I have to fill in a form on this website whereupon it will be emailed to me. (I did fill in the form just in case it would give me a work-around for the obvious problem.) HUMP! I am now in the twilight zone of a Catch-22, I can't receive my new license because my server won't run because my old license has expired.

FYI I will NOT set up or use a public server email address because they require too much private information. So how do I get a license and install it without using email?

As a follow-on to my previous posting about the License Catch22, here is the output I get when I try to star Axigen...

bigbang:/mail/axigen # systemctl restart axigen.service
    bigbang:/mail/axigen # systemctl status axigen.service
    ● axigen.service - LSB: Initscript for Axigen Mail Server.
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/axigen; static; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: active (exited) since Tue 2018-06-05 13:14:44 PDT; 12s ago
    Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
    Process: 21827 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/axigen stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 21843 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/axigen start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang axigen[21843]: Starting AXIGEN Mail Server.....done
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang systemd[1]: Started LSB: Initscript for Axigen Mail Server..
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang Axigen[21864]: INFO: Running as user 'axigen' (id=474) and group 'axigen' (id=101)
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang Axigen[21864]: INFO: Maximum open files: 20001
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang Axigen[21864]: WARNING: License key is expired; default (trial) license will be used
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang Axigen[21864]: INFO: Reading configuration file '/var/opt/axigen/run/axigen.cfg'
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang Axigen[21864]: SUCCESS: Open container '/var/opt/axigen//serverData/00.hsf': success
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang Axigen[21864]: INFO: AACL support is available using server storage
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang Axigen[21864]: ERROR: Trial version has expired
    Jun 05 13:14:44 bigbang Axigen[21864]: SUCCESS: Close container '/var/opt/axigen//serverData/00.hsf': success

Comment

Hello Marc,

Could you please send me a Private Message with your RC so I could search for your license and send you a download link?

Please advice.
      BR,
      Ioan

Comment

Working...
      X