Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM with Axigen webproxy

Hello,

I try to configure IM with Axigen 7.6.1 but when I login to webmail I get the same error "Service is unavailable".
    My environment:
    - Centos 5.5 32-bit
    - Axigen 7.6.1 32-bit
    - Ejabberd 2.1.6 32-bit
    - OpenLDAP 2.4 32-bit
    - Axigen 7.6.1 webproxy

Please check my config files.

Grzegorz

Hi,
    Please try the following configuration:

axigen.cfg
    Code:
    webmailProxy = {
        httpBindBackend = "http://127.0.0.1:5280"
    }
    .../jwchat/config.js
    Code:
    // if connection is secure, SSL encryption will be used
    var CONNECTION_SECURE = false;

// define the server url to connect on
    var IM_SERVER_URL = "/http-bind/";

Comment

IM with Axigen webproxy

OK. chat works. But I can't see other users in my domain. I can send invite to other user and talk with him, and add this user to contact list. I create shared roster group with @all@ value, it's not works. I would like to see all users in my domain when i login to webmail. What i'm doing wrong?

Comment

Hi @greg324 ,

Please check the value of "Displayed Groups". It must contain the name of the group if you want members (@all@) to be able to see each other.

More informations: http://www.ejabberd.im/shared-roster-all

If this is not working try to edit the shared roster group while you are logged in Webmail (with JWChat):
        - empty the value of Members
        - save changes
        - fill again the value @all@
        - save changes

Comment

IM with Axigen webproxy

Hi,
          Thank you for reply but it's not helped. I delete group, stop ejabberd,delete mnesia database and start ejabberd again. I create new group with " @all@ " value in display and membership when I loged in to webmail.

Grzegorz

Comment

Hi @greg324,

It seems to be an eJabberd issue. To validate this please check if the buddy list from Axigen Webmail is the same as the roster from eJabberd Webadmin. To see the roster go to Webadmin -> Users -> "user" -> Roster. If the roster is empty or the same as Webmail then you have a problem in eJabberd configuration (try eJabberd reinstall).

Comment

Acording to ejabberd manual, you cannot use @all@ when you have LDAP authentication:

(...)
              As of version 1.0.0, ejabberd allows the administrator to add all users on a virtual host to a shared roster group. When he creates a shared roster group on a virtual host, and specifies the members, he can put @all@, and ejabberd will add all users on the current virtual host.

This feature requires internal authentication. If you use external authentication, LDAP... then adding @all@ to a shared roster group will do nothing. (...)"

You can use mod_shared_roster_ldap but there is no config for this module dedicated to axigen.

Question for axigen developers: can you prepare this config ?

--
              rp

Comment

Hello,

The configuration of mod_shared_roster_ldap is related more to LDAP than to Axigen itself, as it uses LDAP filters.

You may try a configuration similar to:

Code:
                {mod_shared_roster_ldap,[
                    {ldap_base, "dc=yourdomain,dc=tld"},
                    {ldap_rfilter, "(objectClass=groupOfNames)"},
                    {ldap_memberattr, "member"},
                    {ldap_groupattr, "cn"},
                    {ldap_memberattr_format, "cn=%u,ou=Users,dc=yourdomain,dc=tld"},
                    {ldap_ufilter, "(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(cn=%u))"},
                    {ldap_gfilter, "(&(objectClass=groupOfNames)(cn=%g))"}
                  ]}
                Note that the specific values in the configuration depend on your LDAP structure.

Regards,
                Paul

Comment

You should upgrade to Axigen 8.0 and things should be fine for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X

This is the legacy Axigen forum, which is no longer active.

To create new topics & posts, please visit the new Axigen community.

Axigen Community