Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting users with forwarders

Hello,

Does anybody know how can I get list of forwarder set for all users.

using below script i did manage to get list of users and respective aliases, but now required forwarding address set for all users.

python list-accounts.py file=cdi-alias.txt domains=domain-name aliases=1

Please advice.

Exporting users with forwarders

Hello,

Please advice how can I get list of users those are having auto-forwarding active.

I did manage to get list of aliases using below cli python script, please advice for forwarding address.

python list-accounts.py file=cdi-alias.txt domains=test.com aliases=1

Comment

Hello,

The CLI interface does not have a command to list the accounts that forward or redirect their messages. The forwarding/redirect rules are stored in Sieve files at account level. The files can be retrieved via the Axigen FTP service or via FUSE and they are available at the following FTP/FUSE path:

-> domains -> domain_name -> accounts -> account_name -> wmFilter.sieve

The wmFilter.sieve file contains the rules defined by the user and the waFilter.sieve file from the same path contains the rules defined by the administrator.

You would need to extract these files and parse them to determine the forward/redirect rules.

Regards,
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulb View Post
        Hello,

The CLI interface does not have a command to list the accounts that forward or redirect their messages. The forwarding/redirect rules are stored in Sieve files at account level. The files can be retrieved via the Axigen FTP service or via FUSE and they are available at the following FTP/FUSE path:

The wmFilter.sieve file contains the rules defined by the user and the waFilter.sieve file from the same path contains the rules defined by the administrator.

Regards,
        Thanks a ton paulb,
        But inspite of enabling FTP backup & restore from webadmin > service management, it is still not allowing to connect to FTP.

Will you please assist me what is correct method to do FTP.

You would need to extract these files and parse them to determine the forward/redirect rules.

Comment

Originally posted by paulb View Post
          Hello,

Regards,
          paulb, I did manage to connect to FTP using port 2121 but what I noticed that, by this process we have to individually go to every accounts and download and check waFilter.sieve files, this is very lengthy process it may take whole day as well depending upon number of users hosted, Don't you have some automation like cli scripts.

Please advice.

Comment

At this moment we don't have an automation tool to extract sieve files using FTP protocol.

You can make a bash script in order to extract the sieve files.
            Florin

Comment

Hello Support,

Export wmFilter.sieve for 1000 users it is not valid option, please share me the path from cli to find out the wmFilter.sieve

Regards,
              Chaitanya Bhave

Comment

Hello,

Please download and use the axigen-getRules.sh script which you could find into the Downloads > Automation Tools section from our site.

Below is listed the usage help text:
                Code:
                Usage: axigen-getRules.sh <domain_name>

Note: this script depends on LFTP - please use your local package manager to install it"

This script will connect to your Axigen server on one of your FTP listeners and extract
                the forward and redirect rules configured for all accounts of a specific domain.

In order to configure the script for your environment please update the following variables:
                        FTPUSER
                        FTPPASS
                        HOST
                        PORT

The output will be saved in CSV format, with the following fields:
                        EMAIL,RULE TYPE,RULE NAME,ACTION,STATUS
                where:
                        RULE TYPE = User   >>  rule set by user
                        RULE TYPE = Admin  >>  rule set by admin

STATUS = 1   >>  rule is enabled
                        STATUS = 0   >>  rule is disabled
                BR,
                Ioan

Comment

Working...
                X

This is the legacy Axigen forum, which is no longer active.

To create new topics & posts, please visit the new Axigen community.

Axigen Community