• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run on IIS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run on IIS

Hi,

I am new at Axigen. I haven't found any info about running axigen over IIS, is it possible?, please tell me yes, otherwise I will be very sad

Hello,

Axigen include it's own HTTP server so you do not need to run over IIS.

If you are running IIS on the same server with Axigen than you should take care to not re-use same IP:PORT for accessing the WebMail interface.

HTH,
    Ioan

Comment

I have over 15 years of experience with email software and you have to think about this, axigen cannot be used as <domain>/<maildirectory> or webmail.<domain> if you already are using port 80, this is an important limitation to your software and a huge factor when buying.

Also, axigen stores mails in a database!!!???, that is completely useless, you cannot access physical mail file, so if you want to integrate the mail server with 3rd party software like processing support or sending files for processing, your mail server simply does not work. Monolitic databases have been proved to fail.

You have a beautiful design interface, the best I can tell, but your software has a lot of limitations, I though I could become a reseller but I think I would not be convinced of what I am selling.

Regards

Comment

So sad, I expected more from this mail server

Comment

Hello,

I understand your sadness but not your questions related to processing files.

For example you could write your own processing server and integrate with Axigen via AFSL for processing incoming / outgoing messages.

If you are in the integration business I could bet with you that Axigen is the most flexible email server you could use

In case you have specific questions we'll try to assist you here.

HTH,
          Ioan

Comment

Working...
          X