• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use Domain Name instead of Port

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Domain Name instead of Port

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to access the webmail and webadmin through domain names on the port 443.
    I currently have the webmail pointing to port 500, and webadmin pointing to 9000, would it be possible to have webmail on "mail.example.com" and webadmin on "admin.example.com"? I know you can simply set the ports, but I am also running nginx which has allocated the ports 80 and 443, is there any way I can work around this?

Hello,

Yes, you should be able to use the Domain Name when accessing the WebMail and WebAdmin.

All you have to do is to point (in your DNS) the mail.example.com to the IP where any Axigen WebMail listener is "listening".

Please know that Axigen do not support a dedicated listener for a specific domain. You should compare Axigen listeners to the building's doors - you could enter through any door into the building and choose at which floor (to be read domain) you like to enter. Meaning you do not have a "private door", that will allow access only to floor X (where your domain is located).

Now, if on the same IP and port you will have an nginx listener than, for obvious reasons, the scenario is invalid as you could not have 2 processes "listening' on the same IP and port.

HTH,
    Ioan

Comment

Working...
    X