"<BR>" tags are being replaced by "<P>" tags in emails received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"<BR>" tags are being replaced by "<P>" tags in emails received

I run automation tests where emails are generated that are sent to an Axigen Inbox. The HTML-formatted emails (before they are sent) have <BR> tags to separate lines. However, when received, the <BR> tags have been replaced by <P> tags and the test code fails because it expects to see <BR> tags. I looked around in the Axigen settings to see if there was something there I could update but I could not find anything.
    ?
    Thank you.

Hi,

I assume you're generating the emails using some external software and you're sending them (SMTP)?
    I also assume that you're checking them back in the WebMail interface?

I just tried the scenario above and in my case it's received just as it's sent: with the <br> tags included.

Could you confirm your scenario or maybe detail it a bit in case I'm missing something?

Cheers,
    Gabriel

Comment

Thank you Gabriel. Short answer: I don't know! Part of what I need to figure out. I'm still trying to figure this part of the puzzle out. Today, I tried a manual test by sending email generated by the application under test to both Outlook and Axigen an email and the results were the same: no paragraph tags. I am going to take a look at a Preferences setting too in the Axigen email account that says to keep original formatting. The tests compare email bodies received with a template. There's a problem with the templates too in some cases I need to sort out. I think the <P> tags have actually been in the templates all along in some cases but I am just noticing them now because of another change that was made. There's a lot of material I need to work though on this one.

Comment

Ok, makes sense.

As a general idea, Axigen has a body filtering level (see attachment), used for sanitizing / protecting against malicious emails, which you could look at in case you need it.
        However, this typically removes images, inline scripts, or other types of potentially malicious content, but shouldn't transform "<p>" tags into "<br>"s.

Cheers,
        Gabriel
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for publishing this info. It has proved to be quite useful for us.

Comment

Working...
          X

This is the legacy Axigen forum, which is no longer active.

To create new topics & posts, please visit the new Axigen community.

Axigen Community