Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

set default sender address

Dear all,
    I would like to set a default sender address when sending mail, which is different from the main mail address in axigen. I defined the desired address as alias, but now I want to use this alias everytime I'm sending mail from the webinterface.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

To change the default address used to send messages with an alias connect to Webmail -> open a new mail -> select Option (sixth icon from left) -> select "Show From" -> click on "From:" and choose the email address that should be used to send the messages.

Regards,
    Florin

Comment

Hello,

this is what I did, but will this setting survive when I have logged out and login back again? Or do I have to select the alias every time I want to write an email? I would like to set this alias as default sender address without modifying the "From:" every time.

Comment

Dear Florin,

I knew that way to set an alias as sender address, but do I need to do this every time I want to send a mail. Is there a way to set the alias address as main sender address?

Thanks in advance,
        Volker

Comment

Hello,

The modified from address will be kept for the next logins.

Regards,
          Paul

Comment

Many thanks for your replies.

Best regards,
            Volker

Comment

Hi,
              looks like in Axigen 10.1.0 it always switches back to the old sender address. Or is there a new way to fix the default sender?
              Regards Wolfgang

Comment

Hello,

Confirmed - this behavior was introduced from 10.0 and hopefully it will be corrected in one of the next releases. Till than there is no workaround to be used.

BR,
                Ioan

Comment

Thanks loan for the Feedback. Sounds that I have to wait for minimum a year. Best Regards Wolfgang

Comment

Hello,

I've checked the status of this issue and it is scheduled for Axigen X3 (10.3).

We don't have an exact date set for now, but it will be the next version after Axigen X2, which is scheduled for Q3, 2017.

Best regards,
                    Ioan
                    Last edited by indreias; August 13th, 2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Hi,

looks like it got not fixed even in the 10.1.4.

Regards Wolfgang

Comment

Hello,

As mentioned before we are expecting to have a fix in 10.3. The version you have referred (10.1.4) is obviously lower and it is normal that it does not fix the reported issue.

BR,
                        Ioan

Comment

I have this problem now. Is this issue fixed? How do I set the default From: address in webmail?

Comment

Working...
                          X

This is the legacy Axigen forum, which is no longer active.

To create new topics & posts, please visit the new Axigen community.

Axigen Community