For more information about Avast Core Security for Linux please see the product information available at: https://www.avast.com/linux-server-antivirus
Axigen expects to communicate with Avast via the local socket available at /var/run/avast4/local.sock. In order to configure Avast to use this socket you may use the steps below:
Edit the Avast configuration file available at: /etc/avast/avast.conf and modify its content as below:
# cat /etc/avast/avast.conf
; Avast configuration file
; Below are all available configuration options and their default values. Only
; the options in the OPTIONS section can be changed at runtime.
; RUN_DIR = "/var/run/avast"
RUN_DIR = "/var/run/avast4"
; TEMP_DIR = "/tmp"
; DATA_DIR = "/var/lib/avast"
; SOCKET = "/var/run/avast/scan.sock"
SOCKET = "/var/run/avast4/local.sock"
; LICENSE = "/etc/avast/license.avastlic"
; SUBMIT = "/var/lib/avast/Setup/submit"
; CREDENTIALS = 0
; STATISTICS = 1
; HEURISTICS = 1
; STREAMING_UPDATES = 1
Create the file /etc/sysconfig/avast containing the following two lines:
- Edit the Avast configuration file available at: /etc/avast/avast.conf and modify its content as below:
In order for Axigen to correctly communicate with Avast Core Security for Linux, the avast-av.afsl file used needs to be the one available at the link below. This file is already included in the Axigen X kit, therefore if you use Axigen X you do not need to replace the avast-av.afsl file. If you are using an earlier version of Axigen then the existing avast-av.afsl file needs to be replaced with the one available at the link: https://www.axigen.com/usr/files/support/avast/avast-av.afsl
- Rename the file: /var/opt/axigen/filters/avast-av.afsl for example to avast-av.afsl-renamed
- Copy the new avast-av.afsl file to the /var/opt/axigen/filters/ directory and set its ownership to the axigen system user with the command: chown axigen:axigen /var/opt/axigen/filters/avast-av.afsl
- Restart the Axigen service
- Navigate into the Webadmin interface to Security & Filtering -> AntiVirus & AntiSpam -> Supported Applications
- Confirm that the filter named AVAST-LOCAL is reported as available and click the Enable button next to it to enable this filter
- Send a test message to a local account and confirm that the message is received and it contains the X-AxigenVirus-Level message header