Category: Product Releases
Published on May 21, 2007
Dear AXIGEN Friends,
We are happy to announce you that we have released the new 4.0 Beta version of the AXIGEN Mail Server. The Beta Testing campaign will last for about two weeks. All AXIGEN Mail Server friends are hereby invited to join the beta testing community and experience the new features first hand.
For further details on the feature range offered by the v4.0 Beta product, please see the lists below:
1. New Features
- CORE/MAPI: First version of the Axigen Outlook Connector is released and implements most Exchange-like features, including server-side Search Folders (such as Unread messages, or Large Messages) which enables users to easily locate messages based on various filters.
- Personal Organizer: Calendar, Tasks, Journal, Notes and
collaborative support are now available from both WebMail and the email client through the Axigen Outlook Connector.
- IMAP: New commands are added to support Axigen Outlook Connector.
- STORAGE: Free space usage algorithms were introduced in order to increase speed when processing emails.
- DOMAINS: Default value for domain objects "imapConnectionCount" limit was changed from 8 to 16 and its maximum value was changed from 16 to 255.
- POP3: New error message at login when maximum number of connections is reached.
- SMTP: Improved logging for Message Acceptance Policies.
- WM: Improved error messages in WebMail.
- WM: Cache system is improved to speed-up the "Grouping" and "Threading" functionalities.
3. Bugfixes from previous version
- DNR: Priority of name servers configured for DNR was not used.
- CORE: UserMaps are now reloaded at run-time.
- CORE: In rare conditions the server crashed if RPOP service was running and TERM/HUP signals were sent.
- SMTP: Fixed situation when relaying on the local interface was not allowed.
- SMTP: Folded "Received" headers were not counted for "maxReceivedHeaders' attribute.
- SMTP: Fixed issued when using RSET command between two MAIL+RCPT pairs resulted in a "Relay disabled" NDR.
- SMTP: Fixed instanced when the default routing rule was not used.
- SMTP: Fixed loss of "remoteSmtpIp" and "remoteSmtpPort" values on SSL SMTP sockets.
- SMTP: Emails received and kept in queue due to SMTP communication errors during the domain auto-migration process were never delivered to newly migrated users.
- WM: Fixed out-of-office emails creation.
- WM: Fixed issues related to the "Hide Deleted" functionality.
- WA: Fixed incorrect proxy module names used for log rules.
- WA: Filters can now be configured at domain and user level.
- WA: Sometimes a cancel operation returned "bad request" in IE6.
- POP3: Fixed wrong count of deleted emails sent to the Reporting module.
- DOMAINS: Plus character "+" cannot be used in domain objects anymore because it is a special character used by SMTP and POP3 for folder selection.
- REPORTING: Fixed rare situations when the server crashed at graphics display.
- FTPBackup: Fixed restore issues for a domain’s Public contacts.
- PROXY: Fixed incorrect usage of default domain at login.
- PROXY: Fixed impossibility to establish SSL connections with back-end servers.
- IMAP: Search in emails’ subject returned invalid results.