Category: Product Releases
Published on April 20, 2010
Dear AXIGEN Friends,
We are happy to announce the release of the new 7.4 Beta version of AXIGEN Mail Server, featuring advanced usability (e.g. email filters in Ajax WebMail, Free / Busy enhancements) and security (Greylisting, password expiry notifications in Outlook).
For the comprehensive list of fresh features and enhancements introduced by 7.4 Beta, please see below.
To get a hands-on experience of the new release, we invite you to join our Beta Testing campaign. Download and install the 7.4 Beta versions of the AXIGEN server and Outlook Connector and be the first to review the latest additions to our solution.
As always, we very much welcome your impressions, ideas and questions regarding this new Beta release, or any other AXIGEN versions or products. Please feel free to contact us at anytime.
The AXIGEN Team
AXIGEN Mail Server 7.4 Beta
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Users can add, edit and delete email filters in the Ajax WebMail interface. Filters can also be run retroactively and on specific folders.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: The Ajax WebMail interface now has support for localization.
- WEBMAIL: Internet Explorer 8.0 and Mozilla Firefox 3.5 are now fully supported.
- CORE, WEBMAIL: Users are able to publish their "Free/Busy" time. In addition, the "Free/Busy" status has been enhanced with two new values, namely "Out of office" and "Tentative".
- CORE, WEBADMIN: There can be defined a list of domain-level reserved names that delegated domain administrators cannot use to create account/lists/group names.
- WEBADMIN: System administrators can enable Greylisting through a simple checkbox in the WebAdmin interface.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Some of the modal dialogues buttons had their labels modified.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: The "Blacklist/Whitelist" section supports using wildcards.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Several modifications were made in the context menu of the emails view, such as adding Blacklist/Whitelist options.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: The menu bar of the main view has been modified and now has a better, clearer look and feel.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: "Spam/Not spam" buttons were added to the menu bar.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: There is now a "Settings" option to disable keyboard shortcuts.
- CORE, WEBMAIL: Domain contacts have been modified to support the full list of fields as vCards.
- CORE: The Identity Confirmation mechanism has its own method in the sieve filtering language. This solves some issues with the confirmation not being sent for groups, and read receipts remaining in the Unconfirmed Messages folder.
- CLI: The LDAP synchronization status and associations can now be reset from CLI.
Bugfixes from the previous versions
- CORE: Fixed a logging issue related to automatic migration.
- WEBMAIL: Fixed an issue where WebMail calendar reminders appeared at the wrong time.
- WEBMAIL: The order of tasks' due and start dates has been reversed.
- WEBMAIL: Fixed an issue with erroneous web redirecting in cookie.
- WEBMAIL: Recipients list ending in comma/semi-colon is now treated as valid addresses
- WEBMAIL: Fixed an issue with wrong timezone in event proposal emails.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Fixed an issue with the pop-up dialogs for sharing contexts.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Fixed a performance issue with contacts listing when there are many contacts.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Signatures are now added correctly after the body text.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Fixed an issue where draft mails were moved to Trash.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: The WebMail no longer freezes when trying to access a specific message.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Fixed an issue with the signature still being present after it was deleted.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Opened emails are now marked as read when collapsing the preview pane.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: Message flags are no longer lost when editing draft messages.
- AJAX WEBMAIL: "New contact" operations no longer reset the contact list filtering.
- WEBADMIN: Delegated administrators can now create message rules for mailing lists.
- WEBADMIN: Fixed an issue where no more than 100 rules could be added in the "Acceptance & Routing" section.
- CLI: Administrators can now use "ignoreFolders" with spaces and the "MIGRATE" command.
- CLI: Several attributes for mailing lists (e.g: timezone) can now be configured.
- CLI: Fixed an issue with the "PURGE disposableMetadata" that never finished.
- SMTP-OUT: A correct error message will be returned when being unable to connect.
- SMTP: Fixed an incorrect error message when receiving email for a group.
- SMTP: Fixed a small issue regarding NDRs.
- SMTP: Fixed an issue where sending/receiving restrictions did not apply.
- SMTP: Fixed an issue that prevented AXIGEN from authenticating with a smart-host.
- ASYNC: All day events created with ActiveSync are now longer visible as two full day events.
Note: Platform & Application Support Changes
- Added support for the following distributions:
o FreeBSD 8.x
- Removed support for the following distributions:
o Ubuntu Server 8.10
o Debian 4.0
o Mandriva 2009.0
o FreeBSD 6.x
AXIGEN Outlook Connector 7.4 Beta
- Free/Busy provider: The ability to access Free/Busy information in Outlook from the "Scheduling" tab.
- Password expiration: Users can change the AXIGEN account password directly from Outlook.
- Contact details: Allow users to change personal contact information from Outlook.
Added support for Microsoft Windows 7 (OLK 2007 SP2).
- Shared folders and Public folders are now named "~FolderName (Owner name/Public)" only for Calendar/Task/Notes/Contacts folders.
Bugfixes from the previous versions
- Outlook 2003 no longer crashes when choosing "Select user" under "Manage Global Permissions".
- Server side rules are now visible in Outlook as well.
- Task/event requests with names containing "<" are now loaded by Outlook.
- Bitmap objects from an event body are now saved correctly.
- No more errors are encountered when clicking on "other users folders" and the user's name.
- Changes are now visible when users modify notes.
- The "From" address can be modified while mail is in Outbox.
- Search folders are now working when first opening Outlook.
- Categories created using a profile with cache enabled are now visible in the list of categories in profiles without cache.
- Large mails sent while offline are now cleared from Outbox after returning online.
- New emails with Rich text and inline picture are now handled correctly.
- Accepted/rejected tasks created from Outlook for alias users are now handled correctly.
Active Directory Extension 7.4 Beta
- Contact information extended.
- Added support for Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit).