Category: Product Releases
Published on April 28, 2006
A large set of new features, as specified below, were introduced in AXIGEN v 1.2.0 BETA new version, all of them being available to our existing customers.
The migration from current version is very easy, following the instructions available at the Migration Chapter.
When testing it, please take into account that this is a BETA release, not a commercial one. We, like other software vendors, post beta versions of our software to give existing customers a chance to try the new features, comment on them, and report any problems. If you are interested in trying new products and willing to report any problems or features that may be useful for you, then you are encouraged to give beta version a try.
1. New Features/Changes (version1.2.0 BETA)
2. Main Issues Fixed
3. Migration from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0 BETA
1. New Features/Changes (version1.2.0 BETA) ===============================
- Filters: A new internal filtering language has been introduced, namely AFSL (Axigen Filtering Scripting Language), which defines the communication protocol between AXIGEN and other external filtering applications (i.e. anti-virus programs, anti-spam programs). Thus, now there is a generic connector which communicates with external filters via an AFSL script. More details can be found in the afsl.txt file from the Documentation Directory.
- Filters: Old FAPI library has been removed, due to the new AFSL replacement.
- Filters: Now, the filtering is possible at server, domain and account level. At each level, two types of filters can be defined and activated, namely socket filters (AFSL based filters) and script filters (SIEVE filters), their activation being possible for superior level filters, as well (for instance, domain level filters can be activated at account level).
- Filters: Each filter includes a priority number, which counts globally, when the e-mail message goes through the filtering chain. In order for the hierarchy to be kept globally, the priority interval is different for each level.
- CLI: console codes may be activated for coloring the terminal and hiding the password.
- CLI: when listing domains/accounts/mail lists, wildcards can be used to display only the matching subset of objects.
- Sieve: A new extension that implements the vacation feature for the out-of-office messages. The implementation has been made using the
draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-04 IETF draft with all constraints defined in that standard draft.
- WebMail: Now implements a HTMLGenerator internal extension that parses the HTML code from the e-mails and generates a safer (i.e. removes possible unsafe scripts) and cleaner (i.e. converts to XHTML-like) HTML code.
- WebMail: Text signatures are recognized and displayed in a different manner than the rest of the message.
- IMAP: The QUOTA extension has been implemented, as defined by RFC 2087 standard.
- Domain: A new account type has been implemented, the forwarder, which doesn't have a local mailbox, all the e-mails sent to this account, being forwarded to a list of defined e-mail addresses.
- Domain: A new parameter, "sessionNumberLimit", has been added to the "Webmail Data" tab. It defines the maximum number of sessions that an account may have simultaneously.
- Migration: Automatic migration has been implemented per domain, and it can be configured using the "Migration Data" settings of a specific domain.
- WebAdmin: The "Server" context has a new tab named "Info", which displays information about the current server version and loaded license.
- WebAdmin: Object lists (domains, accounts, storage containers, queue
files) are displayed on different pages, with a configurable number of objects per page.
- WebAdmin: Logging levels are displayed as checkboxes - they no longer have to be set manually as numbers.
- WebAdmin: The current mailbox size for a specific account is viewable from the account editor, in the "mboxSize" box.
- SMTPOutgoing: The "ehloDomain" parameter has been added in the clients configuration, which specifies the domain name advertised by the smtpOutgoing module when relaying e-mails. Its value may be the OS specific NIS domain, the DNS domain, or a custom defined domain name.
- SMTPOutgoing: Added the "smtpLocalIp" parameter to the client configuration. It specifies the interface to be used when connecting to the target host.
- SMTPIncoming/SPF: Server may be set to add a Received-SPF header, which contains the information produced by the internal SPF engine for a specific e-mail. Available by setting the SMTP-In/addSpfHeader parameter to "yes".
- SMTPIncoming: A new parameter, "authMatchFrom", has been added to Clients. It can be set to consider an email authenticated only if the MAIL FROM address matches the address used to authenticate the SMTP session.
2. Main Issues Fixed
- All problems reported since the last stable 1.1.x version as well as all the other issues from the 1.1 branch that were not solvable due to architectural constraints.
3. Upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0 BETA
- RPM package
rpm -Uvh axigen-1.2.0*.rpm
- Gentoo package
- Slackware package
- DEB and Ubuntu packages
dpkg -iG axigen_1.2.0*.deb
Please do not hesitate to contact our support team for any questions.
Additional documentation for the new features will be available on 02 May, 2006.