Community

Outlook 2010 Connector crash

After upgrading the server from 10.1.5 to 10.2.2 and the outlook connector from 10.1.5 to 10.2.0 I am now getting an APPCRASH report from Windows. Upgrading the connector to 10.2.2 did not help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 14.0.7230.5000
Application Timestamp: 5c673b81
Fault Module Name: AXIOLK32.DLL
Fault Module Version: 10.2.2.26
Fault Module Timestamp: 5bd193e6
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 0056ce01
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

All updates were done with an administrative account.
If a user was active on the machine at the time of the updates (within a couple days before) then everything worked okay.
If a new user is created, or a user has not used the machine for some time, then the crash happens within a couple minutes.

Everything was fine with 10.1.5.

So far only Windows 7 64bit + Outlook 2010 32bit machines are affected (also the only ones tested since they play musical desks often)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us.

Please know that we have updated our Outlook Connector version on our website.
Please download and install the Outlook Connector from:

https://www.axigen.com/mail-server/outlook-connector.php

and let us know if you still encounter this behavior.

Thank you.

no change after the update, still get the error

I’m also getting a crash with version 2016 and a few of my customers on Office365 version of outlook also had a bad experience with the adapter. Freezing up, unable to search, slow to sync.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Please confirm if the Axigen account is the only account in the Outlook profile used with Outlook Connector, as visible in Control Panel -> Mail. Please also let us know if there is any AntiVirus application installed on the affected workstations.

Yes, it is the only account in the outlook profile.
AntiVirus = McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.
It makes no difference with the antivirus enabled or not and there are no, out of the ordinary, entries in the antivirus logs.
Email Scanning is always turned off.
Even applying an exception to ignore the axigen PST files, and folders, makes no difference.
Outlook 2013 and 2016 have been confirmed to function as expected with the same setup and configuration.
Only Outlook 2010 has been affected by the 10.2 upgrade (where 10.1 worked as expected).

Hello,
Taking in consideration that you have already open a ticket through the support channel regarding this subject, we will continue to further analyze there.
Nevertheless I will try to post here the resolution in case other clients encounter the same behavior.

Thank you.

I have a group of 8 machines configured the same way. Of these 4 have shown the issue, the fifth I played with today, the other 2 have not been touched yet.

The fifth machine is working so far.
It has connector version 10.2.0.83 and works as expected with and without the antivirus.
I will have to play some more later to see which version of the connector breaks it (hope it breaks for the sake of consistency).

After much trial, error, cursing, swearing, foot stomping, etc. I think I have isolated the issue.
I had to watch the sync process many times to catch the point of the crash.
Turns out it is related to calendar entries.
There was a shared calendar that had entries back to 2004.
After making a new folder and moving the entries for 2004 through 2016 into it, the crash also moved to this folder.
I set permissions so that the affected users had no access to this new folder so as to get around the crash.
Now to figure out which entries cause the crash.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ll need to chime in as well, as I am having the exact same issue with Windows 10 1809, Outlook 2016 ProPlus and not a shared, but a private calendar!

After seeing the exact same issue on my first install, I removed the connector and reinstalled.
Initial re-install went OK. I deliberately did NOT close or acknowledge numerous old meeting requests popping up, while the initial sync was being done.

At a certain moment, the connector reported that sync was done.

Right then and there I closed all reminders. Seconds later Outlook crashed and kept on crashing since.