Community

Outlook Connector Problem - Doesn't recognize profile

I am using the desktop version of Outlook to connect to multiple email accounts (private, customer and business). For proper separation, I have created Outlook profiles holding one email account per profile. This has worked with all existing accounts (Office 365, Google for Business and some IMAP based accounts). However, when I added an Axigen account using the Outlook Connector, the connector doesn’t seem to respect that it lives in a specific profile. For example, when I open the Office 365 account, it gives me a popup message saying “Unable to open profile cache. Message store will open in non-cached mode. Standard folder names will be retrieved from server.” This message seems to indicate that the connector is trying to attempt to Office 365 to pull folder information and this obviously doesn’t work. Oddly enough, this doesn’t happen for all accounts. For example, it doesn’t happen for IMAP accounts. To make things more weird, the popup has an “OK” and “Cancel” button to continue, but it is not clear what either option will do.

The expected behavior would be that Outlook Connector is recognizing Axigen accounts and only works for them. It certainly shouldn’t attempt to connect to an Office 365 account. Furthermore, I am guessing that there should only be a “Close” option to confirm the popup, but once it properly recognizes an Axigen mail account, it should only popup for Axigen accounts.

Do you already have this on your bug tracker? Hope this can be fixed in the next release. Thank you!

Thank you for your message
Please provide us screenshots with the pop-ups and also a screenshot with the Outlook Connector settings window
Thank you.

Here is the popup that I am getting when I am starting Outlook using a profile that isn’t using Axigen.

image

And, here is a screenshot of the Axigen Outlook Connector properties for the profile (and account) using Axigen.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Hi,

Thank you for your response and for the provided information.

As additional information please provide us a screenshot with your Outlook add-ins

Thank you.

Here is the requested screenshot.

Almost all add-ins come with various Office and Office 365 products.

My best guess is that Axigen is somehow getting confused by the Office 365 which is essentially an Exchange account. Does the connector have a binding against the email account?

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.
By doing a simple test using Outlook 365 and Office 365 account (with the Outlook Connector installed) I wasn’t able to replicate the mentioned behavior.

In order to further investigate this, please provide us the below information:

  • mention the Outlook version and architecture
  • mention the version and architecture (32 or 64 bit) of the Windows OS installed on the workstation
  • mention if this is happening when using G Suite Adapter Add-in or even if you are just using a simple Office 365 account

Thank you.

Thank you for getting back to me!

Here is the information you requested.

  • mention the Outlook version and architecture
    Outlook x64 Version 1910 (Build 12130.20272 Click-to-Run)

  • mention the version and architecture (32 or 64 bit) of the Windows OS installed on the workstation
    Windows 10 x64 Version 1903 Build 18362.449

  • mention if this is happening when using G Suite Adapter Add-in or even if you are just using a simple Office 365 account
    The popup only comes for the Office 365 account. It does not come for the G Suite Adapter account nor for the plain IMAP accouunt. I have a total of 4 profiles and each profile hosts one account.

Shouldn’t you be able to find the condition that is triggering the popup in your connector application? In my mind, it shouldn’t do anything when it notices that this account is not an Axigen account.

Anyhow, please let me know if you need anything else or if you want me to test anything. Thank you!

Hello,
Thank you for your response.

One last test, if possible.

Please let us know if by disableing all Active add-ins (leaving only the Outlook Connector Add-in active) and connecting to the Office365 account you still encounter this behavior.

We are waiting for your response.
Thank you.

Hi Maxim,
I have some good news!

The popup didn’t come when all add-ins except the Axigen one are disabled.

So, I did some more testing and found that an add-in named “Outlook Change Notifier” is causing the problem. This add-in is made by Apple and I am guessing it gets installed when iCloud is being installed. After removing this add-in, the issue has disappeared.

Hope this will help other customers running into the same problem.

Thank you for helping me to sort this out!

Thank you for your feedback!