Please share your success stories of using third party AV/AS scanners instead if integrated. It can be paid versions.
Asking because Axigen sell AV/AS solutions only with maintenance subscription which cost more than AV/AS, and which in facts we don’t use.
Fragment from Axigen documentation:
The complete list of scanners supported and tested through the Milter integration method follows:
- avast! for Linux/Unix Servers*
- AntiVir UNIX MailGate*
- Avira MailGate Suite (AV/AS)*
- Clam AntiVirus*
- Nod32 for Linux / BSD Mail Server*
- F-PROT Antivirus for Linux x86 / BSD x86 Mail Servers*
- Kaspersky AntiVirus for Mail Servers*
- BitDefender Security for Mail Servers (AV/AS)*
- Brightmail AntiSpam*
In addition to the above-mentioned list, other scanners that support the standard can easily be integrated with Axigen. One of these, although not a scanning software in itself, is the MailArchiva email archiving and storing solution. Indeed, the Milter protocol does provide close to limitless integration, compatibility and interoperability between the mail server and third party, related, software packages.