This article shows how to integrate ClamAV with AXIGEN in a Windows environment.
In order to filter messages with ClamAV (Windows version) please follow these steps:
1. Install ClamAV version for Windows and start ClamAV. Official ClamAV website: http://www.clamav.net/
2. Verify that ClamAV service is accepting requests for scanning on port 3310.
Follow these steps in order to do so:
- Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and hit "OK"
- in the command prompt window type: netstat -an
- if you can find the following line: TCP 0.0.0.0:3310 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
it means that ClamAV
was properly installed and is accepting connections from Axigen.
3. Login via Webadmin interface and navigate to Security & Filtering -> Antivirus & Antispam -> click "Enable" for the ClamAV filter.
Please note that you should now see the "Available
" status near ClamAV
4. In order to test ClamAV
please read this
article.Note: You should keep the antivirus database up-to-date in order to keep your email clean. Please refer to ClamAV official site for maintaining ClamAV.
Note: In order to run ClamAV as a service in Windows please refer to this article from the Microsoft knowledgebase.