Category: Product Releases
Published on July 08, 2010
Dear Axigen Friends,
We are happy to announce the release of Axigen version 7.4.1, which introduces a great new set of usability enhancements for the Ajax WebMail interface, while also adding a series of corrections and bugfixes for the Axigen server and connectors.
- Ajax WebMail interface: Attach files by using drag-and-drop (from Mozilla Firefox 3.6.); also, French, German, Italian and Polish translations.
- ActiveSync® connector: Send / Reply / Fwd operations are now working on Nokia smart phones with built-in Mail for Exchange (e.g. E72 and E52 models).
To see all that’s changed in 7.4.1, please see the list below.
As always, you can begin the upgrade to the 7.4.1 release of the Axigen messaging platform and Outlook Connector by simply visiting the Downloads Area on our website and selecting the desired product kits.
Please note that, according to our technical support policy, only the current major Axigen version and the one preceding it are supported. For example, at this moment, only version 6.2.2 and the 7.x products are supported, while the assistance for older versions is discontinued.
Should you like more information about the Axigen 7.4.1 release, or should you be interested in other types of license upgrades or renewals (including switching to the new Axigen Business Messaging and Service Provider Messaging solutions), please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Axigen Mail Server
WEBMAIL-AJAX enhancements for attachment management:
- Hyperlink for each attachment (in IE8 and FF3.6) that allows the download of the attachment for checking purposes.
- Progress bar indicator that replaces the animated spinning wheel.
- Support for multi-file uploading through FileAPI in FF3.6 only; in IE8, the existing Flash has enhancements for links & progress indicator.
Bug fixes from the previous version
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: Fixed a user's first name / last name tooltip when sharing a folder.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: AllUsers group is now displayed in address book in the Global Permissions section.
- WEBMAIL: The Identity Confirmation checkbox no longer remains active in WebMail after disabling it in WebAdmin for a user.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: A proper error is displayed, instead of Mail_HE_ACL_DENY, when deleting a mail without permission.
- WEBMAIL: Filter action buttons are now properly reordered when changing the position of the filter in the classic WebMail.
- CALENDAR: Fixed a problem with double changed occurrence for an event.
- CALENDAR: Events created from WM that contain the "[" or "]" character are now seen in both WebMail and Outlook.
- ACTIVESYNC: Send / Reply / Fwd are now working on Nokia's built-in Mail for Exchange.
- WEBADMIN: Folder Recipients are now properly tied to their corresponding public folder mailboxes.
- CLI: GreylistingCache now has a proper description in the CLI help.
- FTP-BACKUP: Fixed an issue in FTP where basic accounts were first restored as premium accounts.
- CORE: The RESET ldapAssociation command now properly works for the postmaster account.
- CORE: Fixed an issue when disabling Greylisting caused the server to not advertise the enabled SMTP capabilities.
Platform and application support changes:
- Added support for: OpenBSD 4.7
Bug fixes from the previous version
- Groups are now displayed when selecting users for sharing purposes.
- Outlook no longer looses the "Show this folder as an email Address Book" option for Domain Contacts folders.
- Outlook no longer hangs when loading domain contacts for sharing purposes.
- Fixed an issue where passwords were saved as clear text in logs when changing the password by using MS. Outlook.