Category: Product Releases
Published on October 19, 2009
Dear AXIGEN Friends,
We are happy to announce the commercial release of AXIGEN Mail Server 7.2.1. This minor version introduces several new features and enhancements related to the Ajax WebMail interface and domains configuration, while also adding a series of corrections and bug-fixes for both the server and the Outlook Connector.
Among the new features brought by AXIGEN 7.2.1:
- The Ajax WebMail interface now supports mailing list accounts as well. The simple and intuitive mailbox folder structure allows mailing list administrators to easily view and manage new message postings or membership requests from their WebMail account. The "Subscription and Posting" page of the WebAdmin interface has also been refined to provide system administrators with a friendlier and more effective way to configure mailing lists parameters.
- Sysadmins are offered the option to set the type of the WebMail interface (standard only, Ajax only, or both of them with one interface as default) to be used by the WebMail and WebMail Proxy services. In addition, the "Settings" section of the Ajax WebMail interface now allows users to freely choose which keyboard shortcuts to enable / disable, as desired.
To see all the new features and changes brought by AXIGEN v7.2.1, please see the list below.
As always, you can begin the upgrade to the new 7.2.1 release of AXIGEN Mail Server and Outlook Connector by simply visiting the Downloads Area on our website and selecting the desired product kits.
Should you like further details on our new AXIGEN 7.2.1 version, or should you be interested in other types of license upgrades or renewals, please feel free to contact our Sales Team at: email@example.com
The AXIGEN Team
AXIGEN Mail Server 7.2.1
- WEBMAIL: The AJAX Webmail interface now supports mailing lists.
- WEBMAIL: An option to disable shortcuts has been added to the new AJAX Webmail interface.
- CONFIG: A new parameter was introduced for the Webmail and WebmailProxy services, to control which interface is to be used by default: standard or AJAX.
- CONFIG: A configurable 'serverName' parameter used in LDAP synchronization for clustered setups has been added.
- DOMAINS: The option to auto-create users authenticated in an LDAP server has been reintroduced for the LDAP servers for which AXIGEN does not provide synchronization capabilities yet.
- CONFIG: Added default values for mailing lists' attributes.
Bugfixes from the previous version
- WEBMAIL: Emails could not be sent if the "Save to Sent" option was disabled.
- LDAPSYNC: The LDAP synchronization sometimes entered an infinite loop.
- ACTIVESYNC®: The distribution list synchronization has been fixed.
- CALENDAR: Recurrent calendars are now correctly interpreted by Microsoft Outlook.
- CALENDAR: The server used to crash when parsing certain malformed iCalendar emails.
- IMAPPROXY: In certain situations, the back-end's response for the LOGOUT command was not sent to the client.
- IMAPPROXY: Some characters (TAB/SPACE/CR/LF) were not accepted for users' passwords.
- IMAP: Certain messages were resynchronized by the AXIGEN Outlook Connector each time the Microsoft Outlook was started, even if they had not been modified.
- AACL: Access to the domains' configuration was wrongly denied even if the delegated administrator had the required rights.
- DOMAINS: At times, certain operations performed on domain accounts made the server hang.
Bugfixes from the previous version
- "Last synchronization date" is now updated.
- Birthday details of synchronized contacts are now displayed in MS. Outlook.
- Tasks with HTML body are now saved in the HTML format.
- A very slow synchronization was experienced from a point on.
- Mails are now removed from the list after performing Move/Copy operations.
- Messages now keep their attachment icons after attachments are downloaded.
- Certain messages used to be synchronized at every MS. Outlook restart.
- A notification is now automatically sent after declining a task.
- Outlook 2003: When in cached mode, a restart was needed in order for task and meeting requests to display their action buttons (accept/decline/tentative).
- Outlook 2003: A right-click contextual menu is now available for incoming email messages.