Category: Product Releases
Published on October 08, 2008
Dear AXIGEN Friends,
We are happy to announce that we have just released the commercial version of AXIGEN Mail Server 6.2. The newly-available AXIGEN version features Commtouch’s Real Time AntiSpam Protection, new and improved performance reporting, advanced delegation functionalities and Web Mail user options for increased productivity.
For the complete list of fresh features and enhancements brought by Axigen v6.2, please see the list below.
In order to install the new AXIGEN 6.2 release, simply visit the Downloads area on our website and select the desired product kit.
Please note that according to our technical support policy only the current major version and the one preceding it are supported. For example, at this moment, only version 6.x and 5.x products are supported, while the assistance for older versions is discontinued.
Should you like to switch to a different AXIGEN Mail Server edition or should you be interested in other type of license upgrades or renewals, please feel free to contact our sales team at the following email address: email@example.com
The AXIGEN Team
1. New features
- Sub-domains can now be created and subsequently activated for a specific domain when the corresponding administrative permissions are available.
- A domain can now be properly renamed according to the name (suffix) of its parent domain; this also applies for its entire tree of sub-domains.
- A new administrative permission, 'manageSubdomains', allowing or forbidding the management of sub-domains, can be granted or revoked on a specific domain.
- New administrative limitations can be defined on a parent domain, in order to enforce a maximum number of sub-domains and a specific location and storage size for the created sub-domains.
- Restrictions for sending/receiving operations to/from a set of specified recipients/originators can now be defined.
- Restrictions can be defined by specifying a policy as well as an optional set of light-regexp exceptions for the addresses exempted from the policy.
- Restrictions can be defined on 3 levels: account default, account class and account; they can be applied using the account-class inheritance mechanism.
Support for the HSP template
- The WebMail service is now able to access and use more than one set of HSP files (HSP template), depending on the virtual host the request is made for.
- The WebMail service can be configured so that each HSP template is placed in a specific directory and associated with a specific virtual host.
Read receipts (compliant with RFC 3798)
- A read receipt can be requested when sending an email message.
- A read receipt can be sent when accessing an email message.
- The reporting service now collects and reports information on 3 administration levels: server, domain and account.
- Activity representation charts have been improved in terms of timeframe, style, logarithmic scale, zooming.
- The collected information is now exported in the XML and CSV formats.
- The greeting message for POP3, POP3-Proxy, IMAP and IMAP-Proxy services can be configured from WebAdmin & CLI.
- The protocol greeting message can contain several built-in placeholders, such as hostname, IP address, port and others.
WEBMAIL: One or several email messages can be displayed and printed in a 'printer-friendly' form.
FILTERS: Filters activated at domain or account level can now be applied on message receiving (like in the previous product versions), as well as on message sending or both messaging receiving and sending.
- Inappropriate words can be replaced from the body of a message using the 'bodyreplacewords' command.
- Support for body text filtering, partially compliant with RFC 5173, is now available.
SMFL: Message routing can be made based on the address specified at SMTP command 'MAIL FROM:', using the new variable 'mailFromRouting'
DOMAINS: Read and Lookup permissions can be granted/revoked on the Domain Contacts folder, for any account or group.
- A Sieve-script filter can be uploaded and stored as a file in the 'filters/' directory.
- A Sieve-script filter can be uploaded at all levels where it can be defined: server, domain, account default, account class and account.
3. Bugfixes from the previous version
- CORE: When performing a 'search' command, the IMAP and Webmail sessions used to release their resources only after the completion of the search jobs.
- DOMAINS: The time needed to add or delete accounts for domains with more than 10000 accounts has been significantly improved.
- WEBMAIL: Japanese characters are displayed correctly even in improperly encoded emails.
- MIME: Folded email headers added by external filters are now handled correctly.
- IMAP: The LSUB command did not list all folders' flags.
- FILTERS: DNSBL and reverse MX methods are now executed only for non-authenticated users.
- FTPBACKUP: Non-selectable folders are no longer skipped at backup.
- MIGRATION: Now it is possible to migrate from IMAP servers which are partially RFC compliant when listing multiple shared resources in reply to NAMESPACE.
Note: Platform and Application Support Changes
AXIGEN now supports the following distribution versions:
- Fedora 9
- openSUSE 11.0
- Ubuntu 8.04
- Mandriva 2008.1
- FreeBSD 7.0
- OpenBSD 4.3
- NetBSD 4.0
The following distribution versions are no longer supported:
- Fedora 7
- openSUSE 10.1
- Ubuntu 6.x
- Debian 3.1
- Mandriva 2007.0
- OpenBSD 4.1
- NetBSD 3.x
Support for the Commtouch Advanced Security had been added, and also bundled into the installation kit for Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris. Also, the support for the Amavis scanner has been removed.
Important notice: Starting with the next AXIGEN version (7.0), the support for the Linux distributions having their toolchain based on libstdc++.so.5 (gcc version <=3.3) - providing binaries for these distributions - will be discontinued. More precisely, installation packages will no longer be supplied for the following Linux distribution versions:
1. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
2. RedHat Enterprise Linux 3
If you are using one of the above listed distributions, you should consider upgrading to their corresponding newer alternatives, in order to be able to upgrade to AXIGEN 7.0:
1. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
2. RedHat Enterprise Linux 4, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5