Category: Product Releases
Published on September 01, 2010
Dear Axigen Friends,
We are happy to announce the commercial release of Axigen 7.5. This new version raises the bar for email security & performance by bringing:
- Embedded Kaspersky antivirus & antispam protection (Kaspersky Lab's award-winning malware detection engine has been integrated into the Axigen server).
- Support for 64-bit Windows & Linux platforms (enabling users to avail of the address space & performance benefits that 64-bit computing has to offer).
- Extended Outlook connectivity (via the new Outlook Connector for native connectivity between Axigen & MS Outlook 2010).
For more information on all the fresh features & enhancements introduced by Axigen 7.5, please see the list below.
To download the 7.5 release of the Axigen messaging platform & Outlook Connector, simply visit our Downloads Area & select the desired product kits. Also, note that:
- To test the Kaspersky add-ons, you need to either use a 7.5 evaluation version, or contact us in order to receive a new license key for your server, with 30-day Kaspersky protection included.
- According to our technical support policy, only the current major Axigen version & the one preceding it are supported (i.e. at present, only version 6.2.2 & 7.x products).
For more information regarding the new Axigen 7.5 release, evaluation & purchase of the Kaspersky add-ons included, please contact us at anytime.
The Axigen Team
Axigen Mail Server
- SECURITY: Axigen offers embedded Kaspersky AntiVirus and Kaspersky AntiSpam protection.
- FILTERS: Built-in DomainKeys and DomainKeys Identified Mail technologies.
- FILTERS: A new 'move to quarantine' action can be performed by the Kaspersky antivirus filter available in Axigen.
- FILTERS: Emails retrieved via RPOP pass through Axigen's processing queue, being also checked by all active filters defined on account.
- CORE: Starting with this version, the Axigen server is also available on 64-bit Linux and Windows platforms.
- CORE: A default (but changeable) message tag has been added for all newly-created domains in the free edition of Axigen.
Bug fixes from previous versions
- DOMAIN: A dead lock could occur under IMAP and SMTP stress, making the specific domain unavailable until server restart.
- WEBMAIL: Auto Responder start/stop dates did not handle the timezone correctly.
- DOMAIN: The postmaster can now add contacts in the Public Contacts folder of a domain without MACL support.
- DOMAIN: Domain contacts were not updated after a domain name change.
Platform & application support changes
* Added support for:
- Fedora 13
- openSUSE 11.3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x (x86_64)
- CentOS 5.x (x86_64)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
* Removed support for:
- Fedora 11
- openSUSE 11.1
- Ubuntu Server 9.04
- Ubuntu Server 9.10
- Mandriva Corporate Server 4
- Mandriva Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (PPC)
* Due to the integration of DomainKeys filtering into the internal SMTP Filters system, the installation kits for future Axigen versions will no longer contain the axidkd, axidksd & aximilter applications. Their references have also been removed from the initscript list.
Axigen Outlook Connector
- Added support for Outlook COM Addin.
- System tray notification icon.
- Added support for MS Outlook 2010 x86.
Bug fixes from previous versions
- Events with Russian characters are now properly displayed.
- Mails with headers greater than 16K are now properly created.
- HTML messages no longer break the encoding.
- Appointments can now be forwarded.
- Date criteria in Server Side Rules are now properly saved.
Active Directory Extension
- New "enableKAV" element, added in the "Services" dialog of the "User properties" page.
- New "enableKAS" element, added in the "Services" dialog of the "User properties" page.