Category: Product Releases
Published on November 11, 2010
Dear Axigen Friends,
We have made it possible for system administrators to be more time-efficient, and thus, also for managers to cut administrative costs, via newly-introduced CLI features such as: built-in support for incremental backup, automatic update of the outlook connector and administrative purge of messages.
An IM service that can be accessed from the Axigen Ajax WebMail is also available along with Axigen 7.6. To see all that’s changed in 7.6, please see the list below.
As always, you can begin the upgrade to the 7.6 release of the Axigen server and Outlook Connector by visiting the Downloads Area on our website.
Please note that, according to our technical support policy, only the current major Axigen version and the one preceding it are supported (i.e. at this moment, only the 6.2.2 version and the 7.x products are eligible for receiving technical assistance).
Should you like more information about the Axigen 7.6 release, or should you be interested in other types of license upgrades or renewals, please feel free to contact us at anytime.
Axigen Mail Server
- ADMINISTRATION: The newly-introduced built-in support for incremental backup speeds up the backup process.
- ADMINISTRATION: Added a new command to the IMAP extension protocol used by the automatic Outlook Connector upgrade process.
- ADMINISTRATION: Using CLI, administrators can cleanup messages from user specific folders (i.e. Trash, Spam), based on custom criteria (message date, flags, headers, body content).
- LDAP: Users can now synchronize their domain aliases with their LDAP repository.
- IMAP: Several optimizations have been made for the IMAP server, to speed up the access to messages and accounts.
Bug fixes from previous versions
- WEBMAIL: Certain emails were not displayed by the AJAX interface.
- WEBMAIL: The Standard Webmail\'s auto-responder wrongly incremented the specified month.
- CORE: The ACL engine now allows users with master rights to add event emails in a shared calendar folder.
- FILTERS: Fixed the SPF filter for the sub-domains that do not advertise SPF records.
- FILTERS: Emails exceeding the specified maximum size, that need to be scanned by the KAV/KAS filters, will now be delivered, but not scanned.
- CONFIG: An invalid value specified for the \"sslRandomFile\" parameter made the server crash.
Axigen Outlook Connector
- The connector for Outlook 2003 was reintroduced.
- System tray notification icon for Outlook 2003.