Category: Product Releases
Published on January 24, 2006
Dear AXIGEN user,
Please find below the main new features, bug fixes and upgrade tips for the new v 1.1 commercial release. We would like to thank you for your feedback during the beta testing stage.
Important: please be aware that the new version requires a new License Key that enables you to use the added functionalities.
Please request the new license key from email@example.com specifying your Registration Code.
Also, please note that since today we have made available the new Users Manual, better explaining all AXIGEN features.
1. New Features/Changes
- License: The license key has been upgraded to a new version. It is recommended to request a new license key from firstname.lastname@example.org, in order for all the features in AXIGEN to function according to your license
- smtpOutgoing: Added the 'strict7BitMime' attribute for smtpOut Clients, which controls delivery of binary mails to servers that support only 7Bit encoding
- WebAdmin: Added the strict7BitMime setting in SMTPOut -> Clients
- Config: Changed the sslRedirectRules\\'s sslPort default value to 8443 for WebMail and 9443 for WebAdmin, respectively
- ListServer: Added core List Server features (more info in our online Knowledge Base)
- IMAP: The entire IMAP engine has been rewritten to allow better command parsing and faster mailbox access
- CLI/WebAdmin: Added Storage Compactor and Error Checker
- System: Server drops root privilegies and runs as normal system user (default username/group: axigen/axigen)
- Migration: Added migration engine between a remote IMAP server and AXIGEN
- SMTPIncoming: If the local part of the recipient is of form "user+folder", the email is delivered directly into the specified folder
- SMTPIncoming: AllowStartTLS option has been moved in clients context
- SMTPIncoming: Supported ESMTP extensions can now be enabled or disabled per client
- SMTPOutgoing: Supported ESMTP extensions can now be enabled or disabled per client
- SMTPOutgoing: Added SSL support enabling per client configuration
- Processing: Added configurable maximum number of messages per second for each account (messagesPerSecond), along with a period of time during which the account will be disabled if this time limit is exceeded (disableInterval)
- SSL: Added support for the Anonymous Diffie-Hellman (ADH) cipher
- WebAdmin/WebMail: Added support for persistent HTTP connections
- WebAdmin/WebMail: Maximum size for headers, body and attachments is configurable at server, domain and user level.
- WebAdmin: Create and Register commands for DDBs are both present in the "Commands" tab making it easier to access them
- WebAdmin: Added "Upload License Key" feature, which allows the administrator to register the server without having to manually copy the license key onto the server
- POP3: Users can directly access folders other than INBOX by using the "user+folder" login username.
2. Main Issues Fixed
- SMTPIncoming: Fixed error code in SMTP response when the mailbox name was incorrect, from 501 to 553
- WebAdmin: Server now stops when uploading an activation key
- FAPI: Fixed crash when using the built-in ClamAV filter
- WebAdmin/WebMail: Multiple HTTP logins no longer cause maximum domain locks reaching
- Sieve: Fixed matching problem when using "?" and "*" wildcards
- System: Fixed occasional crashes caused by sending the SIGHUP signal
- Reporting: Fixed several server hangs related to the reporting module
3. Upgrading from 1.0.7 to 1.1
- RPM package
rpm -Uvh axigen-1.1.0*.rpm
- Gentoo package
- Slackware package
- DEB and Ubuntu packages
dpkg -iG axigen_1.1.0*.deb
Please note that starting with the 1.1.0 version, the AXIGEN daemon runs with root privilegies dropped to the axigen/axigen user/group, by default, and you need to change the ownership of any AXIGEN database to this user/group. For example, if your database location resides in the /home/axigen/domains directory:
chown -R axigen:axigen /home/axigen/domains