Category: Product Releases
Published on April 24, 2009
Dear AXIGEN friend,
We would like to announce the commercial release of a new version of Axigen Mail Server, version 7.1.1. This release comes with a fresh set of usability enhancements pertaining to the WebMail and Outlook Connector modules, designed to provide you with a more streamlined messaging experience. It also adds support for the AVG Server Edition for Linux/FreeBSD versions newer than 7.5, thus ensuring increased security over your email communication.
For details on all the changes brought by version 7.1.1 of our messaging solution, please see the list below.
As always, you can begin the upgrade to the new 7.1.1 release of AXIGEN Mail Server and Outlook Connector by simply visiting the Downloads Area on our website and selecting the desired product kits.
Please note that, according to our technical support policy, only the current major AXIGEN version and the one preceding it are supported. For example, at this moment, only version 7.x and 6.x products are supported, while the assistance for older versions is discontinued.
Should you like to switch to a different AXIGEN Mail Server edition or should you be interested in other type of license upgrades or renewals, please feel free to contact our sales team at the following email address: email@example.com
The AXIGEN Team
- Outlook Connector: New mail notification.
- Filters: New and improved AVG AFSL that is now compatible with the AVG Server Edition for Linux/FreeBSD versions newer than 7.5.
- Outlook Connector: Faster resynchronization of already downloaded mails.
- Outlook Connector: Lower synchronization traffic by avoiding the downloading of unnecessary message properties from the server.
- Outlook Connector: Reduced content table flickering while synchronizing the current selected folder.
- Outlook Connector: More information about the connection status is now displayed in the Outlook status bar.
Bugfixes from the previous version
- WebMail: Calendar emails generated by WebMail now have UTF-8 encoded 'From' field.
- IMAP: Certain 'SEARCH' commands sometimes made the server crash.
- Proxy: The 'mailHost' parameter kept in LDAP could not be accessed, thus rendering the LDAP routing impossible.
- Outlook Connector: Attachments' non-ASCII names are now preserved.
- Outlook Connector: Some memory leaks and a random crash occurred while downloading messages from server.
- Outlook Connector: Public folders and other users' folders are now synchronized by default.
- Outlook Connector: Fixed the wrong encoding of the 'To:' header field.
- Outlook Connector: Folders with the synchronization mode set as disabled are now synchronized only when selected.