Category: Product Releases
Published on September 24, 2009
Dear AXIGEN Friend,
We are happy to announce that we have released the commercial version of AXIGEN Mail Server 7.2. Featuring the eagerly awaited new Ajax Webmail interface, this fresh release provides users with a desktop-like experience right from their Internet browser and Service Providers with new revenue opportunities.
Technology Preview - Check out AXIGEN's Ajax WebMail Interface
-- In addition to an optimized look-and-feel, the new 7.2 Ajax WebMail interface comes with advanced usability and manageability options. User-centric features such as keyboard navigation and shortcuts, drag-and-drop, live email list view and frequent folders render email related tasks more effective and pain-free, by allowing users to rely on shortcuts and time saving tricks they have already learned while using classic desktop email clients such as Outlook or Thunderbird.
-- For Service Providers, this innovative WebMail technology brings a series of features aimed to help them create new services and generate additional streams of income. AXIGEN v7.2 offers multiple and customizable advertising capabilities, also allowing the integration with third-party ad servers.
The new, Ajax-powered WebMail can be used in parallel with the standard, localized WebMail interface, users being able to freely switch between interfaces from their login panel.
To learn more about the features and enhancements brought by AXIGEN v7.2, please see the list below.
As always, you can begin the upgrade to the new 7.2 release of AXIGEN Mail Server and Outlook Connector by simply visiting the Downloads Area on our website and selecting the desired product kits.
Should you like further details on our new AXIGEN 7.2 version, the features and benefits that it brings, or should you be interested in other types of license upgrades or renewals, please feel free to contact our Sales Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The AXIGEN Team
- AXIGEN Mail Server 7.2
WEBMAIL: New WebMail interface based on the Ajax technology (that can be used in parallel with the older, standard one).
- Advanced navigation: Keyboard navigation, Drag-and-drop, Keyboard shortcuts, Dynamic loading / caching, "Live" email list view (no pagination)
- Information access improvements: Attachment management, Frequent folders
- External application integration: SOAP access to mailbox data, Advertising capabilities
- The AXIGEN package for Windows operating systems now performs automatic upgrades from earlier versions.
- The WebMail and WebAdmin services can now encode their responses using the GZIP application if the client supports it.
- Centralized cross-domain management of ActiveSync(R) accounts, from CLI and WebAdmin; the CLI command "LIST ActiveSyncAccounts" now supports wildcard characters.
- Default timezone and default language configurable at server and domain levels, to control how these attributes are set when accounts are created.
- SMTP-filters "RFCBreak" variable controlled from the WebAdmin wizard.
- AXIGEN now sends the optional "connect macro package" before the "connect package" itself; this is useful for Milter clients that need macro information.
- Enhanced storage management from the CLI and WebAdmin interfaces.
-- Capability to easily activate (enable) and deactivate (disable) domains.
-- Capability to change parameters for any storage unit of a domain storage, while the domain is enabled or disabled.
-- Capability to permanently delete a domain storage.
-- One new parameter for using a storage unit: "readOnly".
- New "customerReference" attribute available at domain-level and account-level for keeping customer-specific information; this attribute is manageable from CLI and WebAdmin.
- Capability to enable / disable the use of the Outlook Connector and Web Personal Organizer at 3 levels: account defaults, account class and user account.
- Advertising from WebMail.
-- New attributes for enabling and controlling the advertising displayed in the WebMail interface.
-- These attributes are manageable from CLI and WebAdmin at 3 levels: account defaults, account class and user account.
-- These attributes are synchronized with a LDAP server when the LDAP synchronization is enabled on that domain.
-- These attributes can also be managed from the Active Directory extension.
- The domain's name is now included in the title of the configuration pages, for all domain objects.
Bugfixes from the previous version
- Configuration files containing special characters can now be restored.
- The AXIGEN.mib file contained a typo that made certain MIB compilers fail.
- The "Expunge" command did not work on other users' folders.
- AXIGEN no longer hangs when using the IMAP ACL intensively.
- The EXPUNGE response has been removed for the FETCH, SEARCH and STORE commands, as specified by RFC 3501.
- Attendees that deleted events from which they had been previously uninvited were added again to the events in question.
- The event organizer no longer receives "Declined:Canceled: Event Name" messages from attendees when they delete the events that were either cancelled or for which they were uninvited.
- The first word from a new line following a HTML tag could not be replaced/found.
- Events with attendees can now be saved from Mozilla Sunbird.
- Null message headers or body used to break the synchronization with mobiledevices.
- Fixed several contact fields compatibility issues between Outlook and BlackBerry smart phones.
- Fixed several event fields compatibility issues between WebMail and BlackBerry smart phones.
- The synchronization no longer fails for certain emails.
- Attachments containing NULL bytes were corrupted.
- On fetch operations, messages are no longer truncated.
- On Windows systems, any attempt to authenticate using GSSAPI when the Kerberos library was not configured caused the server to not respond.
- Some sharing permissions were lost when changing them from either the standard or the AJAX interface.
- Recursive events now preserve the set starting date.
- Certain contacts were incorrectly formatted.
- Disabled domains are no longer displayed in the domain list of account management.
- Adding accounts to AXIGEN no longer fails when performing certain clustered operations.
Platform and application support changes
Added support for:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- Fedora 11
- Ubuntu Server 9.04
- Mandriva 2009.1
- OpenBSD 4.5
- NetBSD 5.0
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (PPC)
Removed support for:
- Fedora 9
- Ubuntu Server 7.10
- Mandriva 2008.0
- OpenBSD 4.3
- Fedora 8 (ppc)
- AXIGEN Outlook Connector 7.2
- Support for Completed/Forwarded flags.
- Synchronization of selected Address Book folders with the WebMail service.
- Changes made in the cached mode are first performed offline and committed to AXIGEN in the background.
- Moving a folder in the cache mode has been optimized so as to avoid the copying of messages.
- The synchronization of moved messages has been improved.
- Deleting messages has been optimized to be executed with a single command (UID EXPUNGE) instead of first marking the messages for deletion and expunging them later.
- Support for distribution lists has now been added.
Bugfixes from the previous versions
- Windows character encodings are now decoded if presented as 'cp'.
- The MAPI connector now uses global encodings in a MIME message.
- Flags set from the WebMail interface cannot be removed from the Outlook client.
- Fixed Outlook-MAPI compatibility for task proposal mails.
- The Outlook Connector no longer crashes when trying to delete a reccurence of a task.
- Distribution lists' members that are deleted in WebMail are now removed from MS. Outlook too.
- The Outlook Connector no longer crashes when appending messages on an IMAP connection.
- The read receipt requests from a user with an encoded name are now sent.