Category: Product Releases
Published on December 02, 2009
Dear AXIGEN Friends,
We are happy to announce the commercial release of AXIGEN Mail Server 7.3. Only two months after the launch of the desktop-like Ajax Webmail interface, version 7.3 comes to further emphasize the user-centric trend of our solution by focusing on effortless manageability and a higher level of security, through the introduction of a brand new Identity Confirmation system.
-- AXIGEN Identity Confirmation © is basically the implementation of a Challenge/Response-based anti-spam method. It shifts the burden of filtering email from the recipient to the sender by intercepting incoming messages and requiring new or unknown senders to confirm their identity, while still allowing legitimate communications to come through. More info.
-- Version 7.3 also enables users to import/export contacts in WebMail from/to other popular email clients and systems such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or Yahoo! Mail. System administrators are offered the ability to set detailed password expiration policies or to define customizable welcome messages to be sent to users' inbox upon account creation.
For the complete list of new features and enhancements brought by AXIGEN v7.3, please see below.
To download the new 7.3 release of the AXIGEN server and Outlook Connector, simply visit the Downloads Area on our website and select the desired product kits.
Please note that according to our technical support policy, only the current major AXIGEN version and the one preceding it are supported. For example, at this moment, only version 6.2.2 and the 7.x products are supported, while the assistance for older versions is discontinued.
Should you need further details on AXIGEN v7.3, our newly-introduced Identity Confirmation system, or should you be interested in other types of license upgrades or renewals, please contact us our Sales Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The AXIGEN Team
AXIGEN Mail Server
- CORE, WEBMAIL: A password expiry notification mechanism and password history have been implemented.
- ADMINISTRATIVE: Users can be sent a customizable message upon account creation.
- ADMINISTRATIVE: All the objects found in AXIGEN can be queried and fully identified.
- BACKUP: Exporting AXIGEN objects as mountable FUSE paths is available.
- FILTERING: A challenge response filtering system is now available for users. More info.
- WEBMAIL: There has been added an option to export/import contacts.
- MAILBOX: A new threshold has been added for quota enforcements.
- CLI: The 'show registryInformation' command's output has been enhanced.
- WEBMAIL: A new option is available for messages in WebMail: "Mark all as read".
Bugfixes from previous version
- WEBMAIL: Certain in-line images were not displayed.
- WEBMAIL: WebMail was unable to download certain attachments in case of gzip encoded connections.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: Downloading a large email source is now performed completely.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: The content of an opened mail is now displayed when changing view.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: Attachment uploading breaks no more when trying to upload many items at the same time.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: The HTML editor is no longer loaded when editing a plain text signature.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: There are no more issues with using certain keys for keyboard shortcuts.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: Folder names are no longer displayed in bold after reading all unread emails.
- WEBMAIL-AJAX: Folders containing the "#" character can now be removed.
- WEBMAIL-PROXY: The responses from the back-end to the standard front-end interface used to generate infinite browser loops.
- WEBADMIN: The limit of SMTP relay exceptions has been increased to 1000.
- WEBADMIN: Permissions for delegated users are now displayed for all domains in a large list.
- IMAP: Modifying events via MAPI used to be very slow on large calendars.
Note: Platform and Application Support Changes
- Added support for the following distributions:
o Fedora 12
o Mandriva Enterprise Server 5
o Mandriva Linux 2010.0
o Ubuntu 9.10
o openSUSE 11.2
o OpenBSD 4.6
o Slackware 13.0
o Gentoo 10.0
- Removed support for the following distributions:
o Fedora 10
o Mandriva Linux 2008.1
o openSUSE 10.3
o OpenBSD 4.4
o Slackware 12.2
o Gentoo 2007.0
AXIGEN Outlook Connector
Bugfixes from previous version
- Clicking on Tools -> AXIGEN Mail Server -> Server Side Rules no longer generates any errors.
- Adding a rcpt to a new mail from address book no longer implies four login - logout operations.
- Synchronized domain contacts were never updated.
- Copy/move issues for items that were not fully synchronized.
- Copy/move operations used to create duplicate items.
- When forwarding certain emails with attachments, the recipients of the emails were not able to see the entire message.
- Mails sent in Plain Text/Rich Text are no longer received as HTML.
- The 'Phone' detail of Domain Contacts items is now mapped to Outlook contacts' Phone field.
- The 'To' field is now saved for draft emails.
- Fixed the slow email sending encountered upon hierarchy synchronization.
- Logging on Outlook Connector with another language pack (e.g. Norwegian) used to create duplicate folders.
- Filtered Domain Contacts for Sharing and Open Other Users Folders.
- Sending emails to multiple personal distribution lists is now possible.
- Update emails with the task completion percentage are now received; emails for accepted tasks are now processed.
- The 'To Do' bar no longer reads events from the 'Sent' folder.