Category: Product Releases
Published on March 27, 2007
Dear AXIGEN Friends,
We are happy to announce you that we have released the new 3.0 version of the AXIGEN Mail Server
Starting with version 3.0, the AXIGEN Mail Server is available in three editions with different sets of features.
The ISP Edition contains, besides the version 2.0 core, clustering support consisting of POP3 / IMAP Proxy Services with LDAP routing and other specific features and enhancements.
Business Edition also brings a range of new features such, remote POP3 access, WebMail enhancements and many more.
As a special offer, we have included in the Business Edition support for Microsoft Active Directory Authentication and Public Address Book.
The Office Edition is still offered free of charge, with certain limitations.
Important! 1.x versions of AXIGEN cannot be directly upgraded to version 3.0. AXIGEN customers running such versions need to first install a version 2.x product, and then upgrade to 3.0. Please contact our support team (email@example.com) so that we can provide you with the needed installation kits.
For further details on the feature range offered by the v3.0 product, please see the lists below:
1. New Features
- POP3/IMAP Proxy Service with LDAP routing - allows system administrators to spread mailboxes on several AXIGEN servers and route POP3/IMAP connections to the appropriate mailbox server through a separate machine.
- LDAP routing for the SMTP service - a separate machine can now route SMTP connections to different AXIGEN servers handling the respective connections.
- Kerberos Authentication - enables authentication to a Microsoft Active Directory service
- Secure Password Enforcement – system administrators can now define policies for user passwords, such as requiring character diversity or minimum password length, thus enhancing their security policy.
- LDAP authentication - centralized storage of user passwords in a LDAP repository is now available.
- RPOP - users can now access and retrieve emails for remote POP3 accounts through their AXIGEN WebMail accounts.
- Public Address Book – contains the email addresses of all the user accounts created within a domain. The Public Address Book is available for all users when using the WebMail interface.
- FTP Backup: The backup service now supports PASSIVE-mode FTP operations.
- Administration: Message Acceptance and Routing Policies can now be created automatically using the SMTP Filtering Wizard from, available through the WebAdmin interface.
- WebMail: The WebMail interface currently checks for new messages periodically and notifies users if a new message has arrived.
- WebMail: The WebMail interface will notify users when they are close to reaching their maximum allowed quota.
- WebMail: Messages can now be grouped by conversation threads or by other criteria, such as From, To, Date etc
- WebMail: When composing an email, the WebMail interface will automatically suggest contacts from the private and/or public address book as you type.
Our Support Team is available for you 24 x 7 !