Category: Product Releases
Published on November 22, 2007
Dear AXIGEN Friends,
We are happy to announce the commercial release of version 5.0.1 of the AXIGEN Mail Server. Having enhanced automation and configuration requirements in mind, the new version comes with an important new feature related to domain migration. Within domain configuration, one can specify if accounts should be automatically created in the AXIGEN storage for users who successfully authenticate in LDAP through the POP3, IMAP and/or WebMail services.
In order to upgrade, please visit the Downloads area on our website at
http://www.AXIGEN.com/mail-server/downloads.php and select the desired product kit.
For a detailed description of version 5.0 new features and enhancements, please see the list below.
The AXIGEN Team
1. New Features and Enhancements
- Domain: Within domain configuration, one can specify if accounts should be automatically created in the AXIGEN storage for users who successfully authenticate in LDAP through the POP3, IMAP and/or WEBMAIL services.
- Automigration: For servers which need authentication of the 'foo.bar.com' form instead of 'email@example.com', AXIGEN creates a 'foo' user with the 'foo.bar.com' alias within the 'bar.com' domain.
- Userdatabase: LDAP subtree searches can now be used.
- Webadmin: The default authentication types for relay have been changed to 'all' for secure connections and 'cram-md5' for plain ones.
- Webadmin: The SMTP filters wizard can now use the new 'remoteSmtpHost' parameter.
- Webadmin: In "Routing Basic Settings", the "Host/IP" box from the "Enable smart host delivery via" option now also accepts host names.
- Core: At start-up, when updating an accounts' Webmail filters files on the disk, certain conditions caused the server to crash.
- Config: If upgrading from a previous version, all accounts had their message rules filters activated regardless of their previous state.
- IMAP: Occasional crashes due to the FETCH BODYSTRUCTURE bug have been fixed.
- Account: The number of user aliases should be of 256 instead of 16.
- Calendar: Cancellation of tasks and events has been fixed.
- MIME: Emails became damaged if the body begas with a blank space and one of the activated filters needed to modify the email header.
- Migration: Handling of dates in GMT used by some IMAP severs has been fixed.
- Migration: Email migration from old IMAP4 servers has been fixed.
- Domain: Instances when the postmaster account is erroneously added to the licensed number of accounts have been fixed.
- WebMail: Long base64 strings were wrongly wrapped on multiple lines during the authentication phase.
- WebMail: In rare conditions the user defined filters became inactive.
- WebMail: Notes were not saved when using Firefox versions greater than 22.214.171.124
- WebMail: Checking action for 'Sender not in address book' are now correctly functioning within the available address books.
- WebMail: The auto suggest of email address lists when searching by nick name are now correctly functioning.
- WebMail: Errors appearing when escaping special characters for block sender functionality have been fixed.
- WebMail: The postmaster account did not have the 'Block sender' button.
- WebAdmin: When showing details for queued emails, only the first 5 recipients were listed.
- Webadmin: Minimum/maximum threads correlation for proxy services has been fixed.
- WebAdmin: StartTLS check-box was wrongly checked every time the "Routing Basic Settings" page was refreshed.
- WebAdmin(SPARC): The IDs of queued emails were not displayed.
- WebAdmin: The SMTP filters wizard now sets 'authMatchFrom' correctly.