Category: Product Releases
Published on August 26, 2008
Dear AXIGEN Friends,
We are proud to announce that we have just released the commercial version of the AXIGEN Mail Server 6.1 for Windows operating systems. The new version runs on Windows Server 2003 and on Windows XP platforms, bringing all the high-end functionalities of the AXIGEN messaging solution to Windows users.
For details on all the fresh features and enhancements introduced by AXIGEN Mail Server 6.1 for Windows, please see the list below.
In order to install the new release, simply visit the Downloads area on our website.
Please note that according to our technical support policy, only the current major version and the one preceding it are supported. For example, at this moment, only version 6.x and 5.x products are supported, while the assistance for older versions is discontinued.
Should you like to switch to a different AXIGEN Mail Server edition or should you be interested in other type of license upgrades or renewals, please feel free to contact our sales team at the following email address: email@example.com
The AXIGEN Team
1. New features & Enhancements
- AXIGEN now runs on the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional operating systems.
- Priority on threads was changed, resulting in AXIGEN's higher processing speed under stress.
- Changes were made on the IMAP service for MAPI to improve performance when using the Outlook Connector.
- AXIGEN can now generate Diffie-Hellman keys, required in order to use ADH ciphers for SSL.
2. Bugfixes from the previous version
- CORE: UTF-8 strings in message headers are now correctly encoded.
- CORE: Fixed the improper header folding for DomainKeys and other headers.
- CORE: The server did not restart correctly after uploading a new license.
- CORE: Logging invalid starting arguments for the service is now properly done.
- CORE: A crash appeared when starting server with a large Country IP Filtering file.
- CORE: Working and Install directories are no longer saved/deleted by AXIGEN. They are now handled by the installer.
- CORE: When renaming a Public Folder, the associated folderRCPT now points correctly to the newly-renamed Public Folder.
- SMTP: When sending an email with XAXIDATA, the properties are now copied correctly.
- IMAP: Notifications for messages while IMAP in IDLE state were not properly sent.
- FILTERS: Forwarded emails from SIEVE now have only one subject header.
- WEBMAIL: Subject and location of instances pertaining to recurrent events created in OLK were not displayed correctly in WebMail.
- WEBADMIN: Trying to edit a domain's configuration in WebAdmin returned an error.
- FTP: Fixed a case when FTP connections hanged while stopping the server.
- FTP: A crash appeared when restoring a domain with very large email messages in passive mode.
Note: Platform changes
Please note that starting with the next AXIGEN version (7.0), the support for Linux distributions that have their toolchain based on libstdc++.so.5 (gcc version <=3.3) - providing binaries for these distributions - will be discontinued. More precisely, installation packages will no longer be supplied for the following Linux distribution versions:
1. Debian 3.1
2. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
3. RedHat Enterprise Linux 3
If you are using one of the above listed distributions, you should consider upgrading to their corresponding newer alternatives, in order to be able to upgrade to AXIGEN 7.0:
1. Debian 4.0, Debian 5.0
2. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
3. RedHat Enterprise Linux 4, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5