This article assumes you have a backup saved using the instructions provided in the How to back up Axigen without the FTP service KB article.
The Axigen working directory path <path_to_work_dir> depends on your operating system:
- /var/opt/axigen — for Linux systems
- C:\Program Files\Axigen Mail Server — for Windows systems
To restore the backed up information, use the following procedure:
- Extract (if applicable) the backup contents
- Stop the Axigen service
- Remove the contents of the current Axigen working directory or move it to a different location
- Copy the backup information to the Axigen working directory
- (Linux only) Run the following command as root: chown -R axigen:axigen <path_to_work_dir>
- Start the Axigen service up again.