- General Aspects
- Administration Rights
- Quick Links
- Global Settings
- Axigen Services
- Configuring the WebMail Service
- Configuring the POP3 Service
- Managing Service Listeners
- Configuring the SMTP Receiving Service
- Managing Service Control Rules
- Configuring Mobility & Sync Options
- Configuring the IMAP Service
- Configuring the DNR Service
- Configuring the Remote POP Service
- Configuring the WebAdmin Service
- Starting, Stopping, Restarting Services
- Configuring the SMTP Sending Service
- Configuring the CLI Service
- Domains & Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Domains
- General Domain Settings
- Setting Up Domain Aliases
- Setting Up a Message Appender
- Configuring the Storage
- Configuring Account Defaults
- Managing the Domain Message Filters
- Setting Up Account Classes
- Managing Mailing Lists
- Managing Public Folders
- Managing Accounts
- Managing Account Aliases
- Managing the Account Message Filters
- General Account Settings
- Editing the Account Contact Information
- Defining the Account WebMail Options
- Configuring Account Quotas & Restrictions
- Defining Send / Receive Restrictions for an Account
- Security & Filtering
- Managing SSL Certificates
- AntiVirus & AntiSpam
- Viewing the Quarantine
- Setting Up Incoming Message Rules
- Managing Acceptance & Routing
- Additional AntiSpam Methods
- Configuring Global Access Control
- Status & Monitoring
- Axigen Logging
- Back-up & Restore
- Automatic Migration
The "Manage Domains" → "Message Filters" page helps you create and manage incoming message rules and AntiVirus / AntiSpam filters for a specific domain.
Domain level rules for this domain will run after any existing Server level rules (common actions will be overridden).
AntiVirus / AntiSpam filters enabled at domain level provide the accounts in this domain with an additional filtering layer.
When first accessing the page, a list with the already defined rules and filters is displayed. Both lists can be minimized or maximized by clicking the list name bar. Each message and filter has a "Enabled" / "Disabled" status displayed and next to it, the "Enabled" / "Disabled" button displays the opposite action of the status. Priorities between enabled AntiVirus / AntiSpam filters or Message rules can be changed using the up and down arrows under the "Priority" section.
To add a new rule for the configured domain, click the "Add Message Rule" button. They can be deleted or further configured using the "Delete" and "Edit" buttons. Type a name for the incoming message rule in the Message rule name text filed and check the "Enable this incoming rule" option to activate it.
Incoming Message Rules at domain level allow you to apply custom actions to email messages received by all accounts, groups and mailing lists under this domain, provided they meet a certain set of conditions. Please note that these rules will only apply for the entities under this domain that are not overridden by another rule at that level (this domain's account defaults, account class, account, group or mailing list).
The AntiVirus / AntiSpam filters section allows you to enable or disable one or more already installed AntiVirus or AntiSpam applications. This provides additional email filtering to all accounts, groups and mailing lists under this domain.
When you are done configuring these parameters, remember to click the "Save Configuration" button to preserve your changes.