- General Aspects
- Administration Rights
- Quick Links
- Global Settings
- Axigen Services
- Configuring the WebMail Service
- Configuring the POP3 Service
- Managing Service Listeners
- Configuring the SMTP Receiving Service
- Managing Service Control Rules
- Configuring Mobility & Sync Options
- Configuring the IMAP Service
- Configuring the DNR Service
- Configuring the Remote POP Service
- Configuring the WebAdmin Service
- Starting, Stopping, Restarting Services
- Configuring the SMTP Sending Service
- Configuring the CLI Service
- Domains & Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Domains
- General Domain Settings
- Setting Up Domain Aliases
- Setting Up a Message Appender
- Configuring the Storage
- Configuring Account Defaults
- Managing the Domain Message Filters
- Setting Up Account Classes
- Managing Mailing Lists
- Managing Public Folders
- Managing Accounts
- Managing Account Aliases
- Managing the Account Message Filters
- General Account Settings
- Editing the Account Contact Information
- Defining the Account WebMail Options
- Configuring Account Quotas & Restrictions
- Defining Send / Receive Restrictions for an Account
- Security & Filtering
- Managing SSL Certificates
- AntiVirus & AntiSpam
- Viewing the Quarantine
- Setting Up Incoming Message Rules
- Managing Acceptance & Routing
- Additional AntiSpam Methods
- Configuring Global Access Control
- Status & Monitoring
- Axigen Logging
- Back-up & Restore
- Automatic Migration
The "Mailing Lists" → "Message Filters" page enables you to create and manage incoming message rules for a mailing list.
Mailing List level rules will run after any existing Domain level rules and Server level rules (common actions will be overridden).
When first accessing the sub-page a list with the already defined rules is displayed. Each message rule can be deleted or further configured using the "Delete" and "Edit" buttons.
Each message rule has an "Enabled" / "Disabled" status displayed and next to it, the "Enabled" / "Disabled" button displays the opposite action of the status. To set the order in which defined rules should apply use their corresponding up and down arrows available under the "Priority" section.
To configure a new message rule, hit the "Add Message Rule" button and then fill in the specific parameters in the new sub-page, "New Message Rule".
General Settings for the New Message Rule
Use the text box under "General Settings" in order to specify the name of the new rule then enable the new rule by checking the box in front of the option called "Enable this incoming rule".
New Message Rule Conditions
In the "Matches" section, first select if the Conditions should be applied in an "AND" / "OR" manner. This means that if you select for the "For incoming messages that match" option, the "ANY of the conditions below" entry, the rule will apply to messages that match at least one of the imposed conditions. If you choose the "ALL of the conditions below", the rule will be applied only to messages that match all of the set conditions.
Next, choose the conditions you want to apply to those messages (e.g. for messages from
Use the drop-down menu to select the type of the new condition. Available options include setting conditions relative to the subject, sender, receiver, Cc, To or Cc, body, size of the email, as well as a customization option, accessible by clicking on "Custom". To delete one of the newly-added criteria hit its corresponding trash-bin shaped like button.
New Message Rule Actions
By editing the "Actions" section you can decide what you want to do with the messages that match the above conditions. Use the drop-down menu to specify the actions corresponding to the mail message i.e. moving, copying, deleting, or redirecting it to a certain email address etc.
To add a new action, click on the "Add Action" button and then fill in all the corresponding details in the newly-displayed menus. To delete an action hit the trash-bin shaped like button displayed on the right hand side of the action in question.
When you are done configuring these parameters, remember to click the "Save Configuration" button to preserve your changes.