- General Aspects
- Quick Links
- Global Settings
- Axigen Services
- Starting, Stopping, Restarting Services
- Managing Service Listeners
- Managing Service Control Rules
- Configuring the SMTP Receiving Service
- Configuring the SMTP Sending Service
- Configuring the IMAP Service
- Configuring the POP3 Service
- Configuring the WebMail Service
- Configuring the WebAdmin Service
- Configuring the DNR Service
- Configuring the Remote POP Service
- Configuring the CLI Service
- Configuring Mobility & Sync Options
- Domains & Accounts
- Managing Domains
- General Domain Settings
- Setting Up Domain Aliases
- Managing the Domain Message Filters
- Setting Up a Message Appender
- Configuring Account Defaults
- Configuring the Storage
- Managing Accounts
- General Account Settings
- Editing the Account Contact Information
- Managing Account Aliases
- Configuring Account Quotas & Restrictions
- Defining the Account WebMail Options
- Managing the Account Message Filters
- Defining Send / Receive Restrictions for an Account
- Managing Groups
- Managing Mailing Lists
- Managing Public Folders
- Setting Up Account Classes
- Managing Domains
- Security & Filtering
- Managing SSL Certificates
- AntiVirus & AntiSpam
- Additional AntiSpam Methods
- Configuring Global Access Control
- Managing Acceptance & Routing
- Setting Up Incoming Message Rules
- Viewing the Quarantine
- Status & Monitoring
- Axigen Logging
- Back-up & Restore
- Automatic Migration
- Clustering Setup
- Configuring the POP3 Proxy Service
- Configuring the IMAP Proxy Service
- Configuring the WebMail Proxy Service
- Administration Rights
The "Message Filters" page enables you to configure a set of rules to be applied to messages received by the edited account, as well as to view and change any of the similar rules created by the user. The page gives access to other 2 sub-pages:
- Admin Filters - containing the parameters relative to incoming message rules and filters.
- User Filters - containing the parameters relative to incoming message rules and filters set by user in WebMail > "Settings" > "Filters" page.
The "Message Filters" > "Admin Filters" sub-page enables you to configure incoming message rules and filters for the edited account. Filters defined in this section will not appear in the user's WebMail filters list and as such cannot be edited by the user.
The Rules and Filters configured in this page replace the ones inherited from account defaults.
For a direct access to the account defaults parameters, click on the underlined account defaults option available right under the "Admin Filters" sub-page name.
Incoming message rules
When first accessing this tab to be able to add filters for this account click the "Define explicit" link.
To configure a new message rule, hit the "Add Message Rule" button and then fill in the specific parameters in the new sub-page, "New Message Rule". Each message rule has an Enabled/Disabled status displayed, the action displayed by the button next to it is the opposite of the status. Each rule can be deleted or further configured using the "Delete" and "Edit" buttons.
To set the order in which defined rules should apply, use their corresponding up and down arrows available under the "Priority" section.
All message rules available in this section will run after any existing Server Level Rules and Domain Level Rules (common actions will be overridden).
General settings for the new message rule
Use the text box under "General Settings" in order to specify the name of the new rule then enable the new rule by checking the box in front of the option called "Enable this incoming rule".
New message rule conditions
In the "Matches" section, first select if the Conditions should be applied in an AND / OR manner. This means that if you select for the "For incoming messages that match" option, the "ANY of the conditions below" entry, the rule will apply to messages that match at least one of the imposed conditions. If you choose the "ALL of the conditions below", the rule will be applied only to messages that match all of the set conditions.
Next, choose the conditions you want to apply to those messages (e.g. for messages from "email@example.com").
Use the drop-down menu to select the type of the new condition. Available options include setting conditions relative to the subject, sender, receiver, Cc, To or Cc, body, size of the email, as well as a customization option, accessible by clicking on "Custom". To delete one of the newly-added criteria hit its corresponding trash-bin shaped like button.
New message rule actions
By editing the "Actions" section you can decide what you want to do with the messages that match the above conditions. Use the drop-down menu to specify the actions corresponding to the mail message i.e. moving, copying, deleting, or redirecting it to a certain email address etc.
To add a new action, click on the "Add Action" button and then fill in all the corresponding details in the newly-displayed menus. To delete an action hit the trash-bin shaped like button displayed on the right hand side of the action in question.
When you are done configuring these parameters, remember to click the "Save Configuration" button to preserve your changes.