- Axigen Binary File
- Axigen 'opt' Directory
- Axigen Working Directory
- Axigen Configuration File (axigen.cfg)
- The mqview Tool
- Message Flow Policies (smtpFilters.script)
- SPF, DKIM & DMARC
- A-grade SSL Listeners
- Configuring IPv6
- Configuring the WebMail & WebAdmin Discovery by Search Engines
- Sender Rewriting Scheme (SRS)
- Configuring the WebAdmin Customer Reference as Read Only
- Inspecting, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Axigen Indexes
- Securing SMTP Services
- Additional Fine-Tuning via Environment Variables
For integration purposes, Axigen allows you to define a customer reference for each domain — read here about configuring the "Customer Reference" field in WebAdmin.
In some cases — usually setups involving multiple (delegated) administrators — you might want to make this field read only, so that it doesn't get altered by mistake while it's provisioning is handled automatically, from a third party integrated system (e.g. billing).
In order to do this, you need to manually edit one of the WebMail configuration files, as follows:
On the disk, go to
Axigen Work Directory / Webadmin / private
config.hspand replace this line
Reload / restart the Axigen service or connect via CLI and just restart the WebAdmin service.
Now the "Customer Reference" field will appear as read only.
Please note that this customization needs to be reapplied when upgrading your Axigen to a newer version.