- Hardware & Software Requirements
- DNS Prerequisites
- Installing Axigen on Linux
- Installing Axigen on Linux (Axigen X2 & X3)
- Installing Axigen on Windows
- Deploying & Running Axigen in VMware & VirtualBox
- Deploying & Running Axigen in Docker
- Performing the Initial Configuration (Onboarding)
- Starting / Stopping / Restarting Axigen
- Startup Operations
- Setting the Admin Password
- Setting Up Custom SMTP and EHLO Banners
- Setting Up the DNR (Domain Name Resolver)
- Setting Up the WebAdmin Service
- Logging into the WebAdmin Interface
- Enabling / Disabling a Service
- Creating a Domain
- Enabling Filtering for a Domain / User
- Adding a User in a Domain
- Changing a User's Password
- Allowing / Forbidding Features for a User
- Creating an Administrative User
- About Axigen's Architecture
- Services and Modules
- Supported OS / Platforms and Web Clients
This page is the installation guide for Axigen X4+ (10.4.0+). For older versions, see Installing Axigen on Linux (Axigen X2 & X3)
This section describes the steps for installing / uninstalling Axigen for Linux. For additional information, you can also consult the Install file included in the installation kit.
The installation kit is a standard Linux package specific to the platform and OS flavor that you have downloaded it for (rpm / deb).
How to Install Axigen
After downloading the installation kit file, run the installer package as
RPM based distros
DEB based distros
The Axigen license will be displayed using the "less" or "more" pager application, whichever is found on the system. To quit the pager application, after reading the license, the "q" key must be pressed. The license has to be accepted, in order to continue with installation, by typing "yes", when the wizard asks for it.
Now, that the installation is complete, Axigen will be started automatically.
Your next step is to open the WebAdmin, as instructed by the installer.
How to Uninstall Axigen
You can uninstall Axigen by issuing the following command as