- Hardware & Software Requirements
- DNS Prerequisites
- Installing Axigen on Linux
- Installing Axigen on Linux (Axigen X2 & X3)
- Installing Axigen on Windows
- Deploying & Running Axigen in VMware & VirtualBox
- Deploying & Running Axigen in Docker
- Performing the Initial Configuration (Onboarding)
- Starting / Stopping / Restarting Axigen
- Startup Operations
- Setting the Admin Password
- Setting Up Custom SMTP and EHLO Banners
- Setting Up the DNR (Domain Name Resolver)
- Setting Up the WebAdmin Service
- Logging into the WebAdmin Interface
- Enabling / Disabling a Service
- Creating a Domain
- Enabling Filtering for a Domain / User
- Adding a User in a Domain
- Changing a User's Password
- Allowing / Forbidding Features for a User
- Creating an Administrative User
- About Axigen's Architecture
- Services and Modules
- Supported OS / Platforms and Web Clients
Axigen has the following minimal hardware requirements:
CPU: Intel Compatible x64
RAM: 4 GB
Available space on SSD / HDD: 2 GB free space for installation purposes and default configuration files.
The actual space Axigen will take on your hard disk depends on the number of accounts, domains, mailboxes and the size of messages stored on the mail server.
For high performing servers, we recommend a mix of SSD and HDD where the queue, domain and object storage should be on SSD and the message storage be on highly stripped hardware-based RAID volumes.
Axigen has the following minimal software requirements:
OS Linux, kernel 2.6
glibc version 2.17 or later
libstdc++ version 3.4 or later
Axigen can be installed on 64 bit platforms with Linux. For a complete list of the supported platforms, please refer to the supported platform list, updated here with every new release: https://www.axigen.com/mail-server/platforms/.
Axigen can be installed on 64 bit platforms with Windows. For a complete list of the supported platforms, please refer to the supported platform list, updated here with every new release: https://www.axigen.com/mail-server/platforms/.