- Hardware & Software Requirements
- DNS Prerequisites
- Installing Axigen on Linux
- Installing Axigen on Windows
- Deploying & Running Axigen in VMware & VirtualBox
- Deploying & Running Axigen in Docker
- Performing the Initial Configuration (Onboarding)
- Configuration Wizard on Linux
- Configuration Wizard on Windows
- Starting / Stopping / Restarting Axigen
- Startup Operations
- Setting the Admin Password
- Logging into the WebAdmin interface
- Setting Up the WebAdmin Service
- Setting Up the DNR (Domain Name Resolver)
- Creating a Domain
- Adding a User in a Domain
- Enabling / Disabling a Service
- Changing a User's Password
- Allowing / Forbidding Features for a User
- Enabling Filtering for a Domain / User
- Creating an Administrative User
- Setting Up Custom SMTP and EHLO Banners
- Services and Modules
- About Axigen's Architecture
- Supported OS / Platforms and Web Clients
This Web based Initial Configuration (Onboarding) is available starting with Axigen X3. Versions prior to X3 have OS specific configuration wizards — see Configuration Wizard on Linux and Configuration Wizard on Windows
On fresh installs, Axigen will ask you to open your Web browser and connect to WebAdmin (Linux installs, VMware images, or Docker containers) or it will directly open the WebAdmin in your browser (Windows installs).
This will take you through an Onboarding process, which will guide you through your initial configuration.
- First, you will be asked to read & accept the EULA and set your admin password.
Next, you will choose your license option. If you have an existing license, you can just apply it, otherwise you can request for a free license or a trial one. In any case, the license will be applied and the server restarted, after which your onboarding process will continue.
You can as well skip this step — in this case, you will be able to apply your license later.
In case there's no license applied, Axigen will run in demo mode for 3 days.
An initial set of services will be automatically configured.
Axigen generates a self signed certificate upon install, which will be applied to some of the services to secure them by default.
This will result in SSL certificate warnings in most clients, which is why, after you complete the Initial Configuration, we highly recommend you to generate or upload valid certificates for your services.
Add your first domain
In Axigen, users under the primary domain can also log in with their local part only (i.e. if the primary domain is example.com, the user firstname.lastname@example.org can also login with john.doe and the corresponding password. This particularity is not valid for the other domains.
Each domain has a postmaster account. Please set a password for this account and store it in a safe place — this email address will be used for sending various system alerts.
- That's it — you will now be taken to your WebAdmin Dashboard.