- Hardware & Software Requirements
- DNS Prerequisites
- Installing Axigen on Linux
- Installing Axigen on Windows
- Deploying & Running Axigen in Docker
- Configuration Wizard on Linux
- Configuration Wizard on Windows
- Starting / Stopping / Restarting Axigen
- Startup Operations
- Setting the Admin Password
- Logging into the WebAdmin interface
- Setting Up the WebAdmin Service
- Setting Up the DNR (Domain Name Resolver)
- Creating a Domain
- Adding a User in a Domain
- Enabling / Disabling a Service
- Changing a User's Password
- Allowing / Forbidding Features for a User
- Enabling Filtering for a Domain / User
- Creating an Administrative User
- Setting Up Custom SMTP and EHLO Banners
- Services and Modules
- About Axigen's Architecture
- Supported OS / Platforms and Web Clients
Axigen has the following minimal hardware requirements:
- CPU: Intel Compatible x64
- RAM: 4 GB
- Available space on SSD / HDD: 1 GB free space for installation purposes and default configuration files.
The actual space Axigen will take on your hard disk depends on the number of accounts, domains, mailboxes and the size of messages stored on the mail server.
For high performing servers, we recommend a mix of SSD and HDD where the queue, domain and object storage should be on SSD and the message storage be on highly stripped hardware-based RAID volumes.
Axigen has the following minimal software requirements:
- OS Linux, kernel 2.6
- glibc version 2.3 or later
- libstdc++ version 3.4 or later
Axigen can be installed on 64 bit platforms with Linux, FreeBSD or Solaris. For a complete list of the supported platforms, please refer to the supported platform list, updated here with every new release: https://www.axigen.com/mail-server/platforms/.
The recommended and supported Windows platforms are Server 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016. For a complete list of the supported platforms, please refer to the supported platform list, updated here with every new release: https://www.axigen.com/mail-server/platforms/.