- Accessing/ Leaving the Standard WebMail
- Finding Your Way Through the Standard WebMail
- Working with Folders in the Standard WebMail
- Working with Messages in the Standard WebMail
- Working with Contacts in the Standard WebMail
- Working with the "Personal Organizer" in the Standard WebMail
- Working with the Calendar
- Working with Tasks
- Working with Notes
- Working with the Journal
- Configuring Account Settings in the Standard WebMail
To add new entries to your address book, access the "Contacts" folder from the folder tree. You can either add them one by one or import an existing address book.
Any newly created mailbox has access, by default, to two public contact folders, that can be found under the public folder root: "Domain contacts" and "Public contacts".
The "Domain contacts" folder is read-only: no items can be modified or created in it, it cannot be deleted or renamed, no folders can be added to it, no permissions may be changed on it.
The content of this folder is automatically and dynamically updated by the server and contains all the email addresses for recipients in the domain.
"Public contacts" can be added, by default, only by the domain's postmaster.
Another contacts folder crated by default is "Collected addresses", which holds addresses that are automatically added to this folder, if the related options are enabled. There are two scenarios in which addresses are automatically added to "Collected addresses":
- if the related "Automatically add recipients from sent messages to Collected addresses" option is enabled via the Ajax WebMail interface;
- if the "Identity Confirmation" anti-spam method is enabled, then recipients that reply to the confirmation requests will be automatically added to "Collected addresses".