- General Aspects
- Quick Links
- Global Settings
- Axigen Services
- Starting, Stopping, Restarting Services
- Managing Service Listeners
- Managing Service Control Rules
- Configuring the SMTP Receiving Service
- Configuring the SMTP Sending Service
- Configuring the IMAP Service
- Configuring the POP3 Service
- Configuring the WebMail Service
- Configuring the WebAdmin Service
- Configuring the DNR Service
- Configuring the Remote POP Service
- Configuring the CLI Service
- Configuring Mobility & Sync Options
- Domains & Accounts
- Managing Domains
- General Domain Settings
- Setting Up Domain Aliases
- Managing the Domain Message Filters
- Setting Up a Message Appender
- Configuring Account Defaults
- Configuring the Storage
- Managing Accounts
- General Account Settings
- Editing the Account Contact Information
- Managing Account Aliases
- Configuring Account Quotas & Restrictions
- Defining the Account WebMail Options
- Managing the Account Message Filters
- Defining Send / Receive Restrictions for an Account
- Managing Groups
- Managing Mailing Lists
- Managing Public Folders
- Setting Up Account Classes
- Managing Domains
- Security & Filtering
- AntiVirus & AntiSpam
- Additional AntiSpam Methods
- Configuring Global Access Control
- Managing Acceptance & Routing
- Setting Up Incoming Message Rules
- Viewing the Quarantine
- Status & Monitoring
- Axigen Logging
- Back-up & Restore
- Automatic Migration
- Clustering Setup
- Configuring the POP3 Proxy Service
- Configuring the IMAP Proxy Service
- Configuring the WebMail Proxy Service
- Administration Rights
The "Automatic Migration" tab allows you to enable and configure the automatic migration of domains previously managed with a different mail server to the Axigen mail server. When first accessing the tab, an alphabetical list of existing domains is displayed. The current status of the migration is displayed ("Migration Enabled / Disabled") and the opposite action button "Enable / Disable") is available for each domain.
If the domain list is quite large and you need to locate a certain domain, type its name in the "Domain Search" text field and hit "Enter" on your keyboard. Should you like to return to the prior alphabetical list click the "Reset Filter" button displayed after the search filter has been successfully applied.
Migration from another mail server
In order to enable the migration process for a certain domain you have to first configure its parameters. To do so, first hit the "Configure" button corresponding to each domain name. The options in the below screen capture will appear:
To turn on the migration process please check the "Enable automatic migration for this domain" option. For the migration process to work you should also configure the connection to the old mail server. Therefore please specify the IP/Hostname of the priorly used server and its SMTP and IMAP Ports in the corresponding text fields. To preserve these connection details please hit the "Quick Save" button.
The Axigen Migration module requires an IMAP connection (SSL or non-SSL) to the remote server and the respective server must allow plain login authentication for the IMAP service.
In order for the automatic migration to work on a domain, the account class used for created users (be it the domain default or a specific account class) needs to have the 'Enable automatic migration for this domain' checkbox enabled.
Some mail servers allow you to create folder names containing the "/" character. Axigen cannot migrate folders whose names contain this specific character, therefore you need to rename them before migrating so that the process is completed successfully.
Account creation based on LDAP authentication
Enable this feature to auto create Axigen users with the credentials from LDAP if they authenticate successful with the LDAP structure.
If LDAP synchronization is enabled for a domain, the automatic migration cannot be enabled for the respective domain. The administrator will be presented with the "Domain migration couldn't be enabled!" error, as depicted in the screenshot below.
This behavior is meant to ensure that accounts will not be automatically created (as part of the automatic migration process) when the Axigen service is synchronizing (creating / modifying) accounts from a LDAP server.
Migration of PIM related data from select legacy mail servers
Starting with Axigen X2 version, the Automatic migration module has been enhanced to support the call of external applications upon triggering the migration.
Two options are provided:
- the embedded aximigrator tool - capable of migration PIM data (Contacts, Calendars, Tasks and Notes) from CommuniGate Pro and Kerio Connect servers
- or the ability to call custom scripts - allowing administrators to create their own scripts for migrating other data as well from virtually any email platform.
The Axigen Migrator tool
Within the configuration interface of the domain auto-migration settings, we make available the option to also call an external (local) application when the migration for each user is started, through the External apps integration section:
The two available options are:
- Axigen Migrator is a companion app, packaged with the Axigen product, which extends the auto-migration flow with the migration of PIM data (events, tasks, notes, and contacts) from Kerio Connect or Communigate Pro.
- The "Other local application" option allows you to integrate a third party application or custom script into the auto-migration flow, which gets called as part of the migration process for each user. This gives you the possibility to also migrate additional data, like events, tasks, notes, contacts, signatures, additional user data settings like avatars or filters, etc.