- Security Layers
- Solution Overview
- Services Architecture
- Integrating with Other Solutions
- Clustered Operations
- Administration Tools Overview
Within the "Flow Control" section you can enforce global access limitations to the listener or service by setting the maximum number of:
- simultaneous connections;
- concurrent connections from each remote IP address;
- new connections to the listener made in a defined time period;
- maximum connections from each remote IP address in a defined time interval.
For example, based on your available bandwidth, you could restrict or allow more or less connections to be initiated on a specific Axigen service. Another scenario to modify these parameters is when a workstation from your local network is infected by a virus sending spam. Axigen will allow the infected workstation to send messages since it has no reason to do otherwise because the infected workstation uses the Axigen account credentials. In this case you can restrict the number of connections from each remote IP to an appropriate value.